PDA

View Full Version : lcp recoil vs bersa 380 thunder

jaylinks404
February 12, 2009, 06:10 AM
i looking for my first handgun of my own was going to get a 1911 "love the gun" but in my job hiding a 1911 is a no go

saw a ruger lcp liked the look but what well the recoil feel like more or less then my buddy bersa 380 thunder? it is a small frame but is a lock breech design, not a simple blow back? so?

can find a place to shoot one nay help would be great

thanks jay

HvyMtl
February 12, 2009, 10:48 AM
I think going with the Bersa.

If you do decide to go with the LCP, make sure it is a post recall pistol...

(Expect to have a few gun snobs bark at this thread, as you have two pistols, one with a recall and both inexpensive...)

The 380's recoil and bite are, well nothing, compared to a 9. It is quick and easy. The Bersa has a Tang on the back of the grip ensures your hand webbing does not get nicked, a thing to look at if you have big hands.

The LCP might be a touch more recoil felt, but again, we are dealing with 380...

And the Bersa is less expensive. (FYI: There is a Conceal Carry version of the 380 as well, more difficult to get, costs a little more, but is very concealable. Thunder 380 CC -its recoil is equal to the LCP.)

There are other options for this size pistol - the present PPK, well, I wish they were still made by Walther. The new Micro Eagle is a copy of a Eastern European design, over $500 ( you could almost get both LCP and Bersa) I racked the thing and it is easy to cut the web of your hand. The magazine looks like an after thought, sticks out of the gun. Do not know how it shoots, the fit and finish were higher (but it should be for $500...)

remember 380 is considered by many out there as the bottom limit on size for Self Defense. Have you considered other calibers?

What are your conceal carry limits?

Wildalaska
February 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Jaylinks whats your budget?

WildtherearemanyselectionsforyouAlaska ™

jaylinks404
February 17, 2009, 06:17 PM
300 to 350 range maybe a little more

Wildalaska
February 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
Save up $100 more and get the Seecamp .32

WildthatsthebestdeepccwthereisAlaska ™