PDA

View Full Version : Need a Beretta 92 expert

Remow2112
February 8, 2009, 11:12 PM
My buddy has a Beretta 92d, double action only. He asked me if it could be converted to a normal 92 or a SA/DAO combo. I have looked a several schematics and it seems possible.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want him to buy the parts if it won't work.

Thanks,
Dan...

JohnKSa
February 9, 2009, 12:02 AM
Unless there are legislative issues involved in his area, it would almost certainly be cheaper and easier to sell the gun and purchase another in the configuration he desires.

Voyageur
February 9, 2009, 12:09 PM
JohnKSa is absolutely correct.

Extensive repairs to a much beloved firearm is one thing... major alterations seems to work best with lady's dresses.

fireroad
February 12, 2009, 11:06 AM
Why does your friend want to convert to SA/DA? If it's to improve the trigger, that can be done with spring replacements. I would have him check out the Beretta 92 page on Wolf's gunsprings website. I ordered several of their springs for my 92F and it turned it into a whole new gun. Try replacing the recoil and hammer springs and getting the trigger conversion unit. I believe he can also replace the hammer with the skeletonized version that is reported to increase feel for some folks.