PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a western style (old school) shotgun for dove/quail hunting - ideas?

bulbboy
February 2, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm looking for a double barrel or over/under that has that old style look for quail/dove hunting. Can be a little different than that - but that is the "look" I like. I'm really just looking for ideas and opinions on the best shotgun for those two. Price is about $800 or less.
Thanks,

Kevin

Waterengineer
February 2, 2009, 07:18 PM
You need to explain more about this "look" you are going for.

Are you looking for a coach gun for cowbot action shooting (SASS)

Or are you looking for somehting else? I'm confused.

bulbboy
February 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm looking for a shotgun for dove/quail hunting. I just like the coach shotgun look. Is there a shotgun for bird hunting that looks similar to the coach but made for dove/quail hunting?

Bill DeShivs
February 3, 2009, 01:53 AM
Any of the EAA Turkish guns will do what you want. They have a 20" model with removeable chokes.

Hawg
February 3, 2009, 03:58 AM
Norinco 1887 lever action.:cool:

Scorch
February 3, 2009, 12:08 PM
I doubt you will find an O/U with exposed hammers for the "period look".

SMITH910
February 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
Go to the Stoeger website, they have both over and unders and side by sides with 1 or 2 triggers and different barrel lengths for half your budget and are noted as being decent quality for the money.

Singlesix1954
February 9, 2009, 09:35 AM
Look at CZ side by sides. They have made them modern with that "old school" look. They shoulder and swing great. Blend of pretty, function, and dependability. Price is not in the stratisphere.