PDA

View Full Version : Any Feg tweakers around here?

woad_yurt
January 22, 2009, 07:50 PM
I have a PA-63 in which I've replaced 3 springs, hammer, recoil & firing pin. All told, they cost about $15 total from Wolff. What a whole 'nother gun! The DA trigger is now sweet and that hand-bangin' recoil is gone.

All told, parts included, this pistol cost me less than $200 and it's a great, lightweight shooter now.

Does anyone know where to get flat grips for it without that left side thumb hump? Or, a set of stock grips that I could sand down?

azredhawk44
January 23, 2009, 12:14 AM
I'm in the process of making some out of exotic hardwood... Coracao de negro.

I've also installed the wolff spring pack in mine. I got 1 light strike out of 100 rounds of S&B boxer primed FMJ ammo.

Nice little pistol... I'm surprisingly happy with it. If you'd like to discuss it, I can make 2 sets of grips instead of 1 set. PM if interested.

Ricklin
January 23, 2009, 09:24 AM
I've had my PA-63 for almost 20 years. I bought one when they first became available. Seems like I paid < 100 for it, back in the day. Mine belonged to the STASI originally, according to the seller.
I've always enjoyed my little commie pistol, and shot it quite a bit over the years. I recently had to replace the recoil spring as it was failing to go in to battery. New spring, good as new. Wolff was out of the reduced power springs for the hammer, so the stock one is still in there.

Accurate, cheap, and durable. What's not to like?

Pretty good looking little guy as well.

David the Gnome
January 23, 2009, 09:33 AM
Here ya go woad http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=FEG-models all kinds of grip options from Marschal's. ;)

woad_yurt
January 23, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks.