PDA

View Full Version : problem 10/22- need help!!!!!!

flroofing
January 20, 2009, 09:24 PM
Just installed a Adams & Bennet bull barrel, now the firing pin strikes the round, leaves a mark on the round, but the round does not fire. Also unfired round will not eject. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!!!! Also I'm considering a new trigger, which one is better and why, or am i better off filing and polishing the stock trigger?thanks -Carl

Unclenick
January 20, 2009, 10:14 PM
Sounds like the bolt isn't making it to the chamber. You get a light strike and the extractor claw hasn't gone into its cutout in the barrel far enough to get hold of the case. Check that the extractor cut is correctly lined up underneath the extractor. If the extractor was jamming into that cut, that could cause the symptoms you describe.

kyle663
January 21, 2009, 11:47 AM
you can find out everything you need to know and how to do it there, including how to do a trigger job on a stock trigger group.

kraigwy
January 21, 2009, 12:10 PM
Just curious, are you east river or west river. I'm about 1/4 mile from the SD line on Hwy 16.

Kind of like to have a sit down and discuss some of the gunmakers you mentioned in anther post
Like Don Manning in yakima wa. and compair our backgrounds which seem simular.

Pahoo
January 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
Unclenick + 1;
This is pretty much the same problem that I encountered with one of my projects. Also make sure your barrel is all the way back to the face stop of the reciever. Just because you have tightened the two socket head anchor machine screws, does not mean you are in the home position. I also had to relieve some clearance on the barrel extractor cut, as my extractor was actually being deflected and not fully grabbing the rim. Also, make sure your extractor is fully free in the barrel cut and adjust your barrel as needed. Cycle it empty and make sure your extractor isn't being deflected.

Be Safe !!!