PDA

View Full Version : xd "night" sights

troy_mclure
January 15, 2009, 10:18 PM
what is a good set of night/high viz sights for an XD? not fibre optic they break too easy.

im tired of painting my sights white.

TheEgg
January 15, 2009, 11:12 PM
trijicon sg01

IdahoG36
January 16, 2009, 12:43 AM
I really like the XS Big Dots and Meprolight night sights myself.

Sgt Pepper
January 16, 2009, 05:55 PM
fiber optic break too easy??? what do you do with your guns? heck, i've had my tru-glo's for years, and i am merciless with my XD45. haven't broken one yet, and they are bright in the daylight and bright at night. i recommend them wholeheartedly.

12GaugeShuggoth
January 16, 2009, 06:29 PM
I really like the XS Big Dots

+1, definitely a fine choice IMO.

Teuthis
January 16, 2009, 07:08 PM
I imagine Springfield can install what you want. They did so on my 1911 milspec and the work was excellent. Mine are Trijicon and they are perfection.

scorpion_tyr
January 16, 2009, 08:15 PM
Trijicons. Got a set on my FNP-40 and I love 'em. Never used any of the other tritium night sights, so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I love the fact that I can have the gun inside a pitch black drawer for a week or a month or whatever and when I take it out they still glow :D

troy_mclure
January 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
fiber optic break too easy??? what do you do with your guns? heck, i've had my tru-glo's for years, and i am merciless with my XD45. haven't broken one yet, and they are bright in the daylight and bright at night. i recommend them wholeheartedly

ive went thru several sets of various brands on rifles, they break easy.