PDA

View Full Version : DPMS Ammo woes

Bluebuck56
January 8, 2009, 07:32 PM
I bought a DPMS Panther lite a while back. I've only shot Rem .223 55 gr.MC in it so far. It came with a note of several ammo's not to use. Of course I don't carry that note around and ended up buying 200 rd.s of PMC(Korean).7.95 a box. Best price I've seen around here. Of course when I get home it is on the no-no list and says the gun's warrenty well be void if I shoot it. Has any one shot this stuff? Is it as bad as they say and should I take the ammo back and get something else? I'm just out to do some plinking with it,so no worry there. I just worry that it well do some major damage to the rifle.It's not out of warrenty yet,so I may waite until then to shoot the stuff,but I wonder wither it's as bad as they say.

Mannlicher
January 8, 2009, 08:08 PM
I am not sure what DPMS's issue is, but I have shot several thousand rounds of PMC with zero ill effects. My several AR rifles, my Mini-14 and my AR180B seem to get along fine with that brand.
If you read the fine print, almost anything you do with your rifle will void the warranty. :D