PDA

View Full Version : New Sig P6!

awpk03s
January 4, 2009, 05:09 PM
Went to the local gun show yesterday, and just for grins carried around my Taurus PT92 9mm with the thought that if I could get enough $ or a good enough trade, I'd part ways with it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pistol, but I got it for a song several years ago, and there are other pistols I would RATHER have, so I brought it along. Walked the whole show, and found a beauty of a Sig P6 on one guy's table. Blue Sig box, 2 mags, circa 1981, and he was asking $495. After some conversation, I gave him my Taurus and $150 and walked away with the Sig.

This was definitely one of the finer examples I'd seen of this gun, some of the early ones I'd looked at in shops had horrible slide wear, and at $350-400 I just couldn't bring myself to buy them, but with the supply of these pistols drying up, and the LNIB condition of this one, I am comfortable with my purchase, especially since I believe hands down the Sig is the far better pistol.

Here's some pics. I hope to get some range time with it soon. I plan to put night sights on it, and I'd love to get some new grips for it. Hogue sadly doesn't make a rubber one, I don't really like the Pachmayers, and I'm not sure if I'll pony up for Nills or not. Decisions, decisions....!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/mba656/guns/DSC02113.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/mba656/guns/DSC02115.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/mba656/guns/DSC02111.jpg

David the Gnome
January 4, 2009, 05:15 PM
That one is in excellent condition but dang $495 is a heck of a lot of money for a P6. :eek:

awpk03s
January 4, 2009, 05:21 PM
It was high, but seeing as how I gave him $150, plus my PT92 that I only had $235 in to begin with - I think I did fair.

RJM
January 4, 2009, 05:38 PM
The P6 is a great gun, if it wasn't for that heavy first trigger pull the gun would be one of the best. I actually really like the P6 that I have, which is in cosmetically worse condition than yours but I can tell you it shoots like a dream. Spare factory mags are hard to come buy though.

chris in va
January 4, 2009, 05:57 PM
The P6 is a great gun, if it wasn't for that heavy first trigger pull

You can get a lighter hammer spring...pretty easy to change out.

Hey awpk, do us a favor and report back how well it shoots hollowpoints. I was told it wasn't made for them but no first hand experience to verify it.

T.Bear
January 4, 2009, 08:53 PM
If it does not shoot hollow points you can have it fixed for $45.00 at www.customizedcreations.com

B.N.Real
January 4, 2009, 08:56 PM
The heck with it.

You did'nt want the Taurus anymore,no fault of the gun and you got a deal for a gun you really wanted.

Nice looking Sig.

Maybe Woolf sells some springs that can help with the trigger pull if you need that but that's a great looking gun.

Congrats and enjoy.

awpk03s
January 5, 2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks all... I'm really pretty happy with it. I'll shoot it this weekend with FMJ and HP rounds, and give a report! :)