PDA

View Full Version : AIA Austr. Int. Arms M10a2

Moloch
December 28, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hi!

I was looking for a new Enfield jungle carbine copy but I never liked the .303 cartridge as its rather hard to come by; today I stumbled across the Australia International Arms M10a2 in the russian 7.62x39.

Its exactly what I was looking for but they are pretty expensive for what they are.
Is there anyone out there who owns and shoots such a rifle? Opinions?
Do AK-47 magazines reliably feed? How does the enfield bolt handle the none-rimmed cartridge? Does it feed properly? How is the quality?

I also really like their Enfield Mk4 copy, it also takes 20 round M14 type magazines!

Their product listing: http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/product.htm

Thanks! :)

p99guy
December 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
I've never seen one here in the states.................

Moloch
December 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
I guess I have to try it out then. :o

Tikirocker
December 29, 2008, 08:53 PM
The 303 British is a superb and well proven caliber ... if availability is your only complaint then fair enough. AIA make a great rifle but I believe the only North American importer right now is Marstar in Canada ... you won't be able to buy one in the U.S ... yet.

Cheers, Tiki.

Moloch
December 29, 2008, 09:10 PM
I am not from the US, AIA rifles are readily available here but noone seems to have one because they are so expensive.

The main reason why I prefer them over any surplus enfield is that the rifles are totally new, phsophatized, take modern magazines (m14 & AK47), have much better wood than the originals and are equipped with a sturdier bolt for much higher pressures and are chambered in modern readily available cartridges used in military all over the world.
I always liked the Enfield-type rifles as a battle and protection rifle for all kind of situations, rather than their collectors value. AIA added the ''final touch'' the enfields needed to be the best of the best all around bolt action rifles.

Imagine yourself a 4'' shorter .308 enfield MK4 with a 20 round detachable M14 magazine or a 30 round holding 7.62x39 jungle carbine clone. :D:cool:

No I dont work for them, I just think their products are awesome. But I have never shot an AIA rifle so I asked.

Tikirocker
December 29, 2008, 09:37 PM
The main reason why I prefer them over any surplus enfield is that the rifles are totally new, phsophatized, take modern magazines (m14 & AK47), have much better wood than the originals and are equipped with a sturdier bolt for much higher pressures and are chambered in modern readily available cartridges used in military all over the world.

Yeah ... I've read all the sales blurbs too. :D

Well being a collector and shooter of Enfield rifles I would disagree with a few of your assertions about them. Comparing them ( original Enfields ) to something else is really a false argument - they are plenty strong enough to handle the pressures of the ammunition they were designed to fire and as a battle rifle, hunting and target shooting rifle they are proven beyond doubt the world over. I'll leave it at that.

I'll assume you are either in Canada or Australia ... and I know quite a few people who have owned them ( AIA, and sold them ) - quite a few had problems with the barrels and magazines initially. One such owner I know had to completely replace the factory barrel before he could get the rifle to shoot to his standards. The furniture is teak and quite heavy as furniture goes, so if you want a light carbine , that tends to defeat the purpose barring match rifle use.

You won't know if the product is really awesome or not until you go fire one in the circumstances you require. I think they are a good product ( Not great ) but don't plan on buying one since I get everything I need from the originals at half the price.

Sounds like you should drop coin and go get one.