PDA

View Full Version : XS 24/7 Big Dot Sights small range report

12GaugeShuggoth
December 23, 2008, 02:46 PM
So I'm guessing I'm not the first to say this, but I'm more than pleased with XS 24/7 Big Dot sights. I ordered a set for my XD40 Subcompact and got the chance to test them out this morning. They were installed several days ago but I've just been too busy to get out and take the time to go shooting.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jkakar.jpg

I've never been a fan of the standard 3-dot sights that so many pistols seem to come with, I much prefer just a front sight, or 2 dot sights. The XS sights were very much to my liking :D. In slow aimed fire I found myself shooting better, and in rapid fire the sights were incredibly easier to keep track of.

My first target of the day:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2v3ow47.jpg
The first few were a bit high, but once I got used to the sight picture things grouped nicely ;). I don't shoot for points or anything, and most of my pistol shooting is done at 3/4 man targets while retreating or moving side-to-side. All I can say is that the sights are definitely worth the money IMO, and I'm very happy with them.

P.S.---No comments on my makeshift backstop, it's not pretty but it works.

Creature
December 23, 2008, 02:56 PM
Those look like the "standard size"-dot XS 24/7 Express sights...I have the same sights installed on my P226. Are they really the big dots?

Either way, I am a HUGE fan of the "ball over bar" sight system and the XS 24/7 sights fit the bill for combat night sights. Best sights around in my opinion.

Great pics by the way...

12GaugeShuggoth
December 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
They are indeed, at least according to the package........(reading off of package) "24/7 Big Dot Tritium Express Set".......so I'm assuming they are what I ordered.

Sam06
December 23, 2008, 03:33 PM
Good shooting and great sights.. I am a big fan of them on a SD Pistol. I have them on a G26 and I know one thing I can always find the gun in the dark(LOL). Not only can you pick them up fast in normal shooting conditions but they really glow.

As Far as sight go i am not a fan of the 3 dot or any other gimmick sights either. On Auto loaders I normally put Heinie black rear(Slant pros) and "Maybe" a un-outlined tritium front sight. I like old school sights that are the way they should be BLACK, but the big dots are fast and shoot good.

I like the backstop:)