PDA

View Full Version : Something about the 1911's

Soulpony
December 20, 2008, 03:10 PM
Added two more to the collection since I posted on the Combat Elite, pick up an arsenal rework, Remington Rand over Colt, and yesterday picked up a Springfield Mil-spec stainless. (been looking for one of those for about 2 months). The next one I will be looking for is a series 70 national match. Gonna have to start saving my pennies.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ennairem/collection.jpg

David the Gnome
December 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
I've been thinking, if the gubment does end up doing another high-cap weapon ban I could be happy liquidating my collection and just having 1911's and revolvers. :p

JZ06
December 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
Nice looking .45 collection there!

I have always liked the way they look. Didn't always shoot them well, but I have gone away from them, and have come back to them now. It's the best .45 for me with the single action trigger and comfortable feel.

Right now, I have a Taurus PT-1911SS .45 and a Colt 1991 in Stainless also in .45. Love 'em!:cool:

JohnRaven
December 20, 2008, 04:26 PM
Awesome collection.

How does the Taurus hold up against your other 'least expensive'' 1911??

And, no, I am not trying to start a flame war lol.

Soulpony
December 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
How does the Taurus hold up against your other 'least expensive'' 1911??

The only two that cost less then the Taurus were the RIA and the Springfield GI, All have proved to be very reliable, Two of the pictured I haven't fired, The Rework and the Mil-spec, The Mil-spec will get shot when the weather is a bit better, the arsenal rework will be a safe queen. The only one I every had any problem with was the Kimber Gold Match, a couple FTF's due to a bad magazine.