PDA

View Full Version : ??Walther P22 Warranty??

b0mb*da*m0nsta*
December 16, 2008, 09:07 PM
I am thinking about getting a p22 for plinking but was curious about the warranty.How long is the warranty good for? And also how accurate is the pistol? Thanx:D

Corvettekid
December 16, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have a P22 with the 3.4 in barrel for about 5 years now. The warranty on mine was for 1 year from date of purchase. I purchased the gun for plinking and recently have been having some FTF issues. It is pretty accurate considering the price. The last time I was at the range I put 20 rounds in in about an 8 in circle. I think I only paid about $220 for mine in 2003. It is a fun gun to shoot and the ammo is a lot more affordable than the bigger stuff.

pinetree
December 17, 2008, 09:41 AM
Out of the 2 or 3 dozen firearms that I have had - the warranty has never come into play. I have P22 and am sure the S&W will stand behind their product. It is a fun, accurate enough gun. It is small enough to conceal (eg hiking in the woods) and very light. I keep mine in a kit that goes on all my road trips. It rides nicely in a Fobus paddle holster.

I would however stay away from the 5"(?) version as there have been some issues and from what I have read on a rimfire dedicated forum, they are no more accurate.

tjg

b0mb*da*m0nsta*
December 17, 2008, 09:52 PM
Thanx for the info:)