PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Illinois Monster Buck

Brad Clodfelter
December 13, 2008, 10:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/yankeerebelkennels/MikesBuck.jpg

I found this buck picture at another hunting forum.

I thought you boys would aprreciate a monster when you see one.

It has a 25.5" inside spread.

The guy said it has a 215" green score.

hogdogs
December 13, 2008, 10:43 PM
Whatever!!! Just another little yearling cull buck! Not worth the hassle dragging it out of the woods... Rather leve them junk bucks to the 'yotes...:D
Okay I am as full o' chit as a can of corned beef hash! :o
Brent

Brad Clodfelter
December 13, 2008, 10:55 PM
Makes you wonder how a deer with that wide of rack can run through the woods or the thick stuff with out getting tangled up. :D

I'll bet that guy was the talk of town.

LateNightFlight
December 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
I was gonna shoot that buck, but he was downhill where I couldn't get the tractor or an ATV to him. The old doe was uphill, in a clearing above the tractor trail. (My story and I'm sticking to it! :p)

Kudos to that dude. Nice buck!

john1911
December 14, 2008, 09:58 AM
Any idea what part of the state that deer was taken? I had heard it was killed in Carbondale.

metalheadlead
December 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
ouch-wack!!!

9mm1033
December 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
Well that's not fair. He's wearing scent free rubber boots and probably scent free camo. Anybody can shoot that buck without him knowing you're around. :rolleyes: I'm just jealous, I got nothing this gun season. :(

Brad Clodfelter
December 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
I haven't heard yet where it was killed.

I ask the question to the guy that posted the picture of his friend with the deer though.

I'll let you know if I get a answer.

LateNightFlight
December 14, 2008, 11:50 PM
I haven't heard yet where it was killed.

Looks like an Illinois or Kansas buck to me. ---> Standard Missouri lament: "When they get big they move next door." ;)

Too soon to tell how the new 3 point restriction is working out. It won't let them get as big as that one, but I think it will help.