PDA

View Full Version : LSWC Through an XD45?

DaveInPA
December 6, 2008, 11:36 PM
I'm considering an XD45, among other .45's. Does anyone have any experience with running 200gr LSWC's through the XD? Do they feed and function well?

DaveInPA
December 7, 2008, 03:03 PM
Anyone?

Shane Tuttle
December 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
I've ran 200gr SWC through mine. It's the Service model which is the 4" barrel. I had no problems at all, but I only shot about 150 rounds or so. I didn't shoot anymore since I didn't know how the barrel was going to act.

When I got home and cleaned the gun, I didn't see any more build up than using jacketed bullets.

I don't know if this helps or not. I haven't tested long term and didn't send that many down the pipe.

DaveInPA
December 7, 2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I really like the XD but not being able to use my LSWC loads would be a dealbreaker.

Shane Tuttle
December 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
Their barrels are just a standard rifling compared to polygonal styles like H&K and Glock.

I'm considering either getting into casting my own bullets or just get some from MasterCast. They'll be used for all of my guns sans my P30. My guess is that you'd be fine.....

....and I'm not saying that just to make sure you buy an XD....;)

David the Gnome
December 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
I have a friend who shoots SWC almost exclusively in his XD45 Compact. The XD has a generous chamber and it does pretty well with wad cutters.

Sport45
December 7, 2008, 08:30 PM
I posted a poll on this a while back. Seems like less than half (of the very small sample group) can fire LSWC without problems. There's more information about this on xdtalk.com. It seems some of these guns drag the extracted case over the top of the next bullet up in the magazine. If there's a ledge it can hang up.

XDTalk SWC Assistance (http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-45acp-discussion-room/92890-swc-assistance-advice-sought.html)

schmeky
December 7, 2008, 10:31 PM
Seems like less than half (of the very small sample group) can fire LSWC without problems.

XD's are excellent pistols. But, my M&P will eat 185/200 LSWC, 185/200/230 JHP, truncated cone 185 gn plated (Berry's), and of course 230 ball, like candy.

In fact, I haven't run across anything my M&P will not feed, yet.

STINGERUP
December 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
I have had issues with round counts over 500 or so giving me trouble with buildup. Sometimes the slide would not go into battery. A simple barrel swab cured the issue but just a heads up. I have the 5".