PDA

View Full Version : EMP input?

redseal
November 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hey All, just seeing if any other EMP owners have had any issues with their pistols now that they have been around for a while. I own a 9MM EMP and have had only one issue with the safety which Springfield promptly took care of...however I did have to pay shipping(!!?) I have had no problems with failure to feed fire etc and it is without a doubt my FAVORITE pistol! Any updates would be appreciated and wishing everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving!

BanditSRT8
November 26, 2008, 12:55 PM
No issues here.

Generally you won't hear of any issues from owners who bought after the initial run. Those were problematic, but they seem to have taken care of those issues a while back now.

CDH
November 26, 2008, 01:22 PM
My EMP was one of the very early ones, it's serial number being in the low 300's.
I did have some FTF's, and I also didn't like that the safety was very easily bumped off because it didn't really "snick" into place.

After a quick trip back to Springfield, it came back running great, and I couldn't make it FTF on anything I tried, and the safety felt nice and solid and would snick exactly how I expected it should.

This EMP suddenly became a very long term keeper.