PDA

View Full Version : Search Problem

triggerhappy2006
November 16, 2008, 12:27 PM
Everytime I go do search the archives all I can search are the handgun forums. And when i do an advance search for AR15 it says there are no results, same for Armalite, Armalite AR15 and Armalite M15. Anyone else encountering these problems.

Mal H
November 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
When you do a search, are you searching "All open forums", or is some other grouping highlighted in the "Search in forum(s)" window?

DMCA
November 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
Prior to registering, I was able to access a great deal of info. Now, every search I initiate lists the number of responses for each word in my search criteria, but no matches.

I'm embarassed that I am screwing this up, would appreciate some direction on how to use this marvelous resource.

Thanks.

kristop64089
November 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
probably best to ask in the software/? area...I always do advanced searches, it's where i have best luck...

Keltyke
November 16, 2008, 04:00 PM
Don't bother searching. Simply post your topic. If it's been covered before, someone will tell you and probably give you the link to it. :D Besides, you'll get to see all the answers again to see if anyone changed their opinion. :eek:

zoomie
November 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
I don't know what you're doing wrong, but try this in the interim.

www.google.com

Type "site:thefiringline.com" then your search string. It ends up like this.
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=site%3Athefiringline.com+difficulty+with+search+function&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f

DMCA
November 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks very much for the comments. I posted the search criteria in Google and it brought me to a Firing Line discussion on the topic. I posted the same again (Manual vs decocker) in FL search and got "no matches".

JohnKSa
November 16, 2008, 10:28 PM
TFL search is sick at the moment--the problem is under investigation.

DMCA
November 16, 2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the update - thought I was in the early stages of dementia.

Johnc
November 17, 2008, 07:57 AM
Don't worry DMCA, if you are, you are in good company. I have had search problems for a couple days too.

John