PDA

View Full Version : 14" Mark VII Desert Eagle?

KRAPP56
November 9, 2008, 08:30 PM
Does anyone here have shooting experience with this weapon? Local GS has one in .41/.44mag...comes with an extra barrel (6")...fired, but decent shape...wants $1059 FIRM...good shooter?...Good price?

Hook686
November 10, 2008, 05:34 AM
Sounds like a decent deal to me (but then I'm willing to give my local GS a little more than rock bottom price, as I want him to stay in business). The 14" barrel is no longer made as I understand it, and the Model XIX is not made in .41 either. So this sounds like a not currently made pistol package.

Is it worth the asking price. I really do not know. I've seen a Model VII in .44 magnum on the auction site priced at $750 starting.You do not mention which caliber is the 14" barrel and which is the 6" barrel. I think the 14" barrel might make the package you mention worth the asking price.

I have the model XIX with a 10" .357 magnum barrel and a 6" .44 magnum barrel. The MSRP on this new was about $1550. It is a large and heavy pistol. I think of it more as a light weight carbine, easier to carry into the outback to hunt coyote.

I've got my local GS looking for a 14" .357 magnum barrel for me. No luck yet. I sure enjoy shooting my DE in eith .357 magnum, or .44 magnum. Very nice for handgun hunting I'm thinking.