PDA

View Full Version : Tdub has scammed multiple TFL members.

doubleaes2
November 8, 2008, 07:31 PM
I contacted Tyson McCrory on 10-20-08 about purchasing his Kimber conversion kit.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315598

We had great communication up until the point where he says he received my postal M/O. I was provided with a tracking number that is now invalid.

After trying to contact him via PM, email, phone, and voicemail, I have yet to be contacted by Tyson

Please avoid Tyson like the plague. It seems I'm out $230.00, I don't want anyone else to get ripped.

hoghunting
November 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
He was on this forum at 10:50 AM. He obviously checks the forum and has no problem stealing others' money. You could check with your Post Master and report the theft of your money order, but I not sure he'll do much.

mniesen89
November 9, 2008, 05:23 AM
Sorry,doublechance for your loss, it's guys like these that give forums like this bad names. You wouldn't happen to know what city/state or even have the address he lives at would you? I'm sure others would like to know this info being most of the time, they'll just log in as another user and do it to someone else.

Maybe give another unsupecting buyer a heads up.

doubleaes2
November 9, 2008, 06:02 AM
Tyson McCrory
970-980-6747
DOB: February 7, 1982
1601 Layland Ct.
Fort Collins, CO
chuck102381 on ebay
tmmftco on firearmstalk.com

heyduke
November 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
I would see if any members here live in Ft. Collins;)

I know if someone got ripped off by someone living in my neck of the woods, I'd be more than happy to see if it's an actual address that was given. Who knows, you might even bump into that person:D

I've been lucky, never been burned by someone on the internet, but a word of advice, always check the sellers post count before they put something up for sale.

A low post count (say under 10) tells me that the person is just joining the forum group to sell something. This does no give me the warm fuzzies.

doubleaes2
November 9, 2008, 12:58 PM
I've been lucky, never been burned by someone on the internet

It's been the same for me, I've had about 70-80 great transactions.

doubleaes2
November 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
I just got this in an email from another member.

I might have the same problem as you did. I just sent a Bank Cashiers Check to an individual named Chris Ehardt Saturday afternoon for some once fired brass. He stated that he just moved so put his roommates name and address on the envelope.

Chuck Bucinski
1601 Layland ct.
Fort collins, CO

Guess what, it matches your bad dealings with two different names. In the title line next to the users name, could you put Tyson and his address, that will really stand out. If I have the same issue I might ask you to put the other two names.
I have an email to Chris to see what his response is, if I even get one.

rickdavis81
November 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not going to post it but go to namesandnumbers.com. Fort Collins, CO and put in 1601 Layland Ct and it will give you Chucks number. It's the same number Tyson called me from. But the name on the answering machine is also different. They have to answer the phone sometime.

doubleaes2
November 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
I have been contacted by Tyson, and it seems he has had some unexpected issues come up. I've been there before, and I understand, so I will retract my negative feedback, and post appropriate feedback when I receive my package.

JohnKSa
November 11, 2008, 04:15 AM
Thread title & icon edited to reflect pending situation.

Contact me via PM if further changes need to be made.

doubleaes2
November 11, 2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks.:)

czbodula
November 15, 2008, 06:15 PM
I recently sent a $100.00 money order for a bunch of 9mm brass. I have not received the brass nor a return e-mail. If anybody has a phone number for Tyson McCrory or other contact method I would certainly appreciate it. Fortunately I work in law enforcement so this sucker is going down if he does not follow through. Anyone who has been scammed by Tyson should give me their information so I can bring the charges to grand larceny.

doubleaes2
November 15, 2008, 06:16 PM
Now Tyson's roommate, whom I have communicated with in place of Tyson, is no longer responding to me.

Michael A. Le Lack
November 16, 2008, 02:07 PM
Since we may have his address maybe a fellow forum member can pay Mr. Tyson a visit and since one of the members who was burned by this fellow is a LEO maybe if he contacted a LEO in Fort Collins he could get a professional courtesy visit to mr Tyson. My 2$(inflation):confused:

JohnKSa
November 17, 2008, 01:38 AM
Interesting...

Charles Bucinski
1601 Layland Ct Fort Collins, Colorado
(970) 232-9362

Midwest Matt
November 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
:mad: I called this number on Saturday and a guy answered and said his name was Dave. We started to have discussions and he hung up on me.

Any TFL members live in Fort Collins? Will pay gas money to help us out.

doubleaes2
November 17, 2008, 06:34 PM
Any TFL members live in Fort Collins? Will pay gas money to help us out.

So would I. I don't even really care about the part any more, but I would like to see my money again.:mad:

JohnKSa
November 18, 2008, 01:25 AM
It would be better to press charges against him. I think that visiting him in person is extremely inadvisable.

rickdavis81
November 18, 2008, 10:17 AM
I've contacted the Ft Collins PD. I talked to one person who said they could do something about it. They put tried to put me intouch with the fraud dept. but I had to leave a message. Anyone who has been scammed by Tyson and his buddies PM me if you want and I'll give the PD your info. I'm going to post this in the For Sale forums later also.

doubleaes2
November 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
Pm'd

buzz_knox
November 18, 2008, 01:56 PM
If I can offer a suggestion, you might want to change the thread title back as it no longer describes what is going on.

Midwest Matt
November 18, 2008, 06:33 PM
Pm'd with all the information. Mine and theres. Also sent emails with information I have, if you need more, just let me know.

rickdavis81
November 18, 2008, 06:49 PM
An officer called me back today but had to leave a message. I'd tried to call her back but she wasn't at her desk. Had to give her the home #, dropped my cell in the creek this weekend trying to retrieve a deer, so I'll try her again in the morning.

Midwest Matt
November 18, 2008, 09:16 PM
If I was them, I would send back everyone's money, because once we start down the legal road, I have no intentions to stop.

rickdavis81
November 19, 2008, 01:28 AM
I'm seeing that he has called some people supposedly. Why doesn't he post his intentions on here?

doubleaes2
November 22, 2008, 06:49 PM
Does anybody have any new info to add?

FIRERESCUEO2
November 22, 2008, 11:05 PM
You can also report a bad address in PayPal if you used it for payment - although if its firearm related you may not want them to know ............ as they may kick you for it.

doubleaes2
November 23, 2008, 12:04 AM
I wish it was so...but he didn't want to do Paypal, claiming that he had received a warning from them in the past.

rickdavis81
November 23, 2008, 02:32 AM
I've called and left voice mails on his new number but no answers. I've been trying to get back ahold of the police officer that left me a return message. But I've only received her voice mail and don't like playing phone tag. I'll try again on Monday.

UniversalFrost
November 23, 2008, 11:46 AM
guys, if you paid with postal money order report it to the post master in your area and the post master in ft. collins. Also, since the transaction went accross state lines it is now a federal issue. also for those that purchased firearms or gun parts then it is also a BATF issue. Contact your local BATF and file a claim and contact your local or regional FBI office and file a report.

what ever you do stop your communication with the guy in ft. collins and let the cops and other legal entities contact him. Just don't give up on your case and it would help if all affected members work together and contact the same person(s) at the agencies mentioned above.

Had a guy scam me one on some receivers on another forum and I contacted all the agencies listed and he was taken care of by the BATF in quick fashion and even though I never got my money back I did stop him from ripping off anyone else . I tried suing him for my funds, but he was already bankrupt and on his way to jail for multiple crimes (not counting the offenses he incurred in my dealings with him) so would have cost more for legal fees that it was worth.

If any of you need help getting the contact info. for the agencies let me know and I can help out.

JOE

shaunpain
November 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm sure everyone expresses my sentiments, but STICK THIS GUY TO THE WALL!!!

His unwillingness to use Paypal should have been your first clue that this was a bad deal. I will only commit to transactions with some sort of insurance, whether it be financially with the shipping company, a FTF, or a Federally regulated FFL. ONLY pay with credit cards. That way, if things go wayward, the company will reimburse your loss (although the BG may get away with it and find more victims).

PLEASE, everyone, watch your own butts. DO NOT trust anyone with anything over $50. You will most assuredly get burned. Put that burden on the backs of the multi-billion dollar insurance infrastructure. I know this type of person, and you will most likely never recover your funds. And, even more probable, the Ft. Collins PD will do nothing for you. Judging from what I know of that town the few times I've been there, its a huge college town with a tiny PD cartel. They would be more willing to bust up an underage drinking party than help someone from another state recover what they would consider "peanuts".

Thank you, however, for the heads up. You are saving a lot of people heartache. I hope you can have some remittance on this jack ass.

stlcardinalfan
November 25, 2008, 01:54 AM
That's mail fraud!!!! You all need to call the US Postal Inspector's Office (They are kind of a spin off of the FBI that deals only in things that go through the mail or courier like FedEx or UPS.) And you also need to call the ATF. EACH ONE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD DEALINGS IN THIS NEED TO CALL.

Bobby T
November 30, 2008, 01:11 AM
If you paid with a money order, you definitely can bring a charge against them for mail fraud. Been there done that. Had bad dealings with a guy in Texas and thats what got my money back. Good Luck guys hope you get your money back and then some. I know what it feels like to get hooked and its not a good feeling.

Take care,
Bobby

LongbowTap
December 4, 2008, 06:32 PM
Just for general information, receiving a US Postal money order without providing the merchandise is mail fraud. Soliciting the sale over the internet makes it wire fraud. The Postal Service will go after those who are paid with a POSTAL money order only. If you use a bank check or bank money order, you are on your own. Contact the postal inspector in your area. If you go to this link and enter your ZIP it will give the location of the proper office. http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html

DaveInPA
December 4, 2008, 06:43 PM
This should be a sticky. Just so people know to watch out for anyone at this address in Fort Collins.

TeamDub
December 6, 2008, 05:51 PM
... but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not being confused with this guy! :eek:

I'm in NW Ohio.

publius
December 13, 2008, 11:28 AM
Although I think PM'ing the poster who offered to pass along info to Ft. Collins PD is good and it is nice of him to do. If I were one of the members who was ripped off I would send Ft. Collins PD a certified letter of your compalint and CC the DA.

Huntergirl
December 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
Come on, Not accepting PayPal is the first clue? Paypal doesn't even honor firearms related transactions, and THAT's why I don't honor them with an account. I know there are many like me who will not do business with anti's. I stopped doing ANY kind of business on EBAY when they put restrictions on firearms related stuff like gun parts, and will continue to let anti's know they will NEVER get my business. Please don't paint a broad brush over those who won't accept PayPal, and don't think that PayPal is your friend.:(

bobby45512
December 13, 2008, 05:27 PM
paypal is only your buddy when they receive that 3% :)

Gun 4 Fun
January 11, 2009, 11:41 PM
I will never use Pay-Pal. I don't put any financial info of ANY kind on the net. Secure-BS! All it takes is one tee'd off employee there to steal and sell your info. I had that happen to me with my mortgage info. I use Postal money orders and I haven't been burned yet. To say that anyone who won't do Pay-Pal is suspect is slanderous and inaccurate.

publius
January 12, 2009, 06:54 PM
If each of you who were burned call Ft Collins PD, the Postal Inspector, and BATF that guy is gonna wish he had never been born and should have a little government subsidized time to contemplate his transgressions. I think anything above $500 is a felony and if I'm adding right he should qualify for the big prize.