PDA

View Full Version : AK parts kits available anymore ??

kymasabe
November 6, 2008, 11:27 PM
I found a nice SAR-1 pump AK at my local pawnshop. Must have come from California or someplace like that. Anyway, the receiver is nice, stock and pistol grip are nice, and I'd like to convert it back to semi-auto but I'd need so many parts, I might as well buy a parts kit and use what I need.
Or..does anyone know someplace I could ship the gun for conversion back...affordably.

keebo52
November 7, 2008, 06:38 PM
Good luck! They're getting pretty scarce. Try a search for "ak parts kits" on gunbrokers.com. They had a few listed the last time I looked.

OlympicArmsFan
November 7, 2008, 07:36 PM
Im seeing kits if you find them at prices of 199-399 your better off leaving it alone and buying one ready for what you want. I really wanted to build an AK but the price has stopped me now.

dglockster
November 8, 2008, 09:25 AM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=123 is a good place to check for AK kits. I have seen several there over the past few weeks. However, they sell very quickly so you have to check often.

kymasabe, I've never seen a pump-action SAR-1. If possible, can you please post a picture?

I don't know where you are in the south, but there is an excellent AK gunsmith at Elk River Tool and Die in Houston, Texas, named T.R. Graham. If it's possible to convert your rifle back to the traditional AK configuration, he can do so. His contact information is:

8777 Tallyho Road
Bldg 1A, Suite 1
Houston, Texas 77061

Office: 713.944.3351
Fax: 713.944.3581

[email protected]

HorseSoldier
November 8, 2008, 04:55 PM
K-VAR is sold out, unless you want to build a Krinkov, in which case a parts kit will run you around $900 last time I looked (couple days ago), which is up $1-200 from what they were charging six months ago.