PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my Colt HBAR

j.chappell
November 4, 2008, 11:43 PM
I havent shot the darn thing in 8 or 9 years, really never liked it a whole lot. It is kind of boringly accurate if you understand what I mean. The trouble is I wouldnt know what to ask for it. You see such a wide variety of prices being asked for them I just wouldnt know where to start.

Anyone have any idea?

J.

armedtotheteeth
November 4, 2008, 11:45 PM
ill give you $300 bucks for it. Its all i got after the gas crisis...sorry

j.chappell
November 4, 2008, 11:48 PM
I see, and no kiss to go with what you wanted to do to me?

armedtotheteeth
November 4, 2008, 11:53 PM
sorry times are rough.. im charging 5 at academy tommorow. I aint got no cash...but I got credit!!

Wildalaska
November 4, 2008, 11:58 PM
I'd hold on to it.

WildifnotyouwillregretitAlaska TM

j.chappell
November 5, 2008, 12:03 AM
With what happened tonight I know but I really havent seen a use in having it. I have thought about getting rid of it and getting a Mini-14 Target that Ruger brought out this year.

J.

armedtotheteeth
November 5, 2008, 12:08 AM
they arent near as "boringly accurate" Not even close

armedtotheteeth
November 5, 2008, 12:09 AM
the barrel ia still skinny, up until it exits the forearm then it gets thick. kinda stupid....

Wildalaska
November 5, 2008, 12:14 AM
I have thought about getting rid of it and getting a Mini-14 Target that Ruger brought out this year.

Im sure someone will trade you:cool:

WildinfactcallmeAlaska TM

RWBlue01
November 5, 2008, 12:19 AM
I have an Eagle Arms HBAR I bought pre-ban. I rarely shoot it. I keep it mainly because I can't sell it for what I have in it and one day I may want it. In my hands it is accurate, but since I removed the optics....

It really depends on the specific model and if you can find the right collector.

You may be able to get $1200 out of it. On the other hand, in a market where you can build a cheap AR for around $500, you will have to find the right person.

armedtotheteeth
November 5, 2008, 12:32 AM
well election results are in.... keep your ar15s Bad news for us guys

j.chappell
November 5, 2008, 12:39 AM
I know I can get out of it more than I paid.

Yes it is actually boringly accurate, maybe you havent had good experiences with one or yours or your buddies but mine is just as accurate as most out of the box bolt action varminters. I just dont have any real fun shooting it.

I'm sure someone would want to trade but I am not going to let it go for what a used Mini-14 Target is worth.

B. Lahey
November 5, 2008, 01:54 AM
Is it one of the goofy HBAR 16" carbines, or a full-size beast of the range?:D

If it's the later, I may take it off your hands for a fair price. I've been saving for a MT6601 for a while, if it's a similar model I bet we could work out a deal that would leave us both smiling.

j.chappell
November 5, 2008, 08:43 AM
It is the:

Match Target Competition HBAR
20" barrel
detach carry handle
cal 223

100% original, no aftermarket parts or alterations

J.

B. Lahey
November 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
Nice. That's almost exactly what I have been looking for. I may have enough saved after next weekend to make you a good offer. Until then don't hesitate to sell it to somebody else if you can get a good price, but I'll work on rounding up the cash.

Guess my revolver project will have to wait a bit.:)