PDA

View Full Version : AR-Platform

mkg
October 16, 2008, 12:50 PM
Just curious,

How many of youhave taken an interest in buying an AR platform rifle recently ? OR at least a stripped lower?

Mike

Wiskey_33
October 16, 2008, 01:05 PM
I've had one before, and sold it to buy a new pistol. Since it looks like NObama is going to be elected, I purchased an 11.5" SBR from my local dealer and am waiting on my ATF forms to get approved.

Get 'em while you can.

azredhawk44
October 16, 2008, 01:37 PM
I built one up over the last year once I saw the dismal offerings on the conservative side of the ticket.

I might try to build one more up this winter if finances allow. We'll see. AR's aren't expensive per-se, but that's at least $600 I could put towards a house down payment instead. I've got plenty of anti-blue-helmeted-zombie rifles at this point. At least for myself. I'd like to have some to pass down to my currently non-existant kids, but seeing as I don't have any of those on the way either then I'm not in a huge rush to go buy them AR's.

LateNightFlight
October 16, 2008, 02:51 PM
I bought two in the last couple of months; these are my first ARs. I have lingering thoughts of buying a couple of stripped lowers and building down the road.

The only thing 'Black, Plastic & Semi' I've purchased before was a Glock, and then it was because they were threatened by an anti-gun surge in California. I don't know how to measure any threat against ARs, but now I live somewhere I can have them, have practical use to hunt with them, and the political climate is such that now was as good a time as any.

Plus, I'm having fun shooting targets with the AR and learning my way around it - sorry I waited so long.