PDA

View Full Version : Do T/C Encores shoot? Oh YEah ,they do!

tkofoid
October 11, 2008, 09:03 AM
I presently own two T/C frames and three barrels. They are all rifle barrels: .308 prohunter, 6.5 swede, and 220 swift. They all shoot well out of the box, but usually require a bit of tweaking to get-em right. Mine will shoot -1/2 MOA. Of Course, I gotta do my part ,also. I have a ball tweaking these things to do their job. Once I get one to shoot as desired, I move onto another. Attached are a couple pics, (I didnt' send the pics of the bad groups) hee,hee

LateNightFlight
October 11, 2008, 12:33 PM
Damn you. tkofoid! I have a T/C pro encore but only one barrel - the muzzle loader I bought it with. Now I'm at risk to spend a bunch of money on more barrels to play with. Why would you post pictures with groups like that?!!! You could be more dangerous to my finances than Wall Street! :rolleyes:

But seriously, what's your favorite source for barrels? :D

tkofoid
October 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
Dear Latenight.
I simply buy the the standard barrels from T/C. They are of very high quality and they do shoot well. They are kinda the hidden secret of the system. To make the barrel perform: in matter of importance: #1 pillar bed the forend,, #2 trigger lapping, #3 pin size, #4 understanding headspace.
Go to the "Bellm website". That's where I learned how to tune my T/Cs.
He also sells a Bergarra barrel, whcih is cheaper and shoots well, too. I may try the Bergarra barrel on the next one I build.

sureshots
October 11, 2008, 08:22 PM
Try the TC Icon bolt action. Man do they shoot right, out of the box.

LateNightFlight
October 11, 2008, 09:10 PM
Go to the "Bellm website".

Thank you! Found it - book marked it.