PDA

View Full Version : Rifled barrel for my BPS 10ga?

Samdweezel05
October 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
Does any one make a slug barrel for the BPS 10ga? I can't find any one that wants to buy it so I might as well turn it into a cannon.

Phil

T. O'Heir
October 9, 2008, 09:07 PM
A 10 guage is already a cannon. I'm not seeing any rifled barrels for a 10 ga. BPS either. Not much in extra 10 ga. barrels at all.

Scattergun Bob
October 10, 2008, 12:40 AM
I am a little confused. I am not aware of any 10 Ga sabot slugs available. That is the projectile for a rifled slug barrel. There are Federal 10 Ga rifled slugs available and they will shoot thru your smoothbore barrel fine.

Are you really looking for a slug barrel with rifle sights?

More information Please:)

Good Luck & Be Safe

BigJimP
October 10, 2008, 05:13 PM
Some of us bought the 10ga BPS .......and regretted our decisions as well ..... ( but it seemed like a hell of an idea at the time ). Heck, I was even dumb enough to order an extra 32" barrel for mine .....along with the
28" it came with ... for an extra $ 250 as I recall at the time ( this was about 1988 ....when I was younger and less well informed ...between marriages ...and not using my brain a lot...). It was like swinging a sewer pipe .......and it still beat the stuffing out of me .... So don't feel bad .... ( just sharing ).

But I agree with Bob - what the heck do you want a slug barrel on it for ...

Samdweezel05
October 10, 2008, 05:59 PM
You guys are too much. I have some of the federal slugs allready but I was looking for a barrel with sights. I guess I could put a fixed power scope on it and use the barrel I have now. What choke would I use to shoot them, Mod, Cyl?

BigJimP, Did you think you would shoot it enough to wear out the first barrel. :eek: You must have big giant brass slugs.

Phil

Scattergun Bob
October 10, 2008, 06:09 PM
First, you are correct Sir about your observations on Jim. I am 6-1 and rather stout for an old man, Jim towers over me!!!! If anyone can shoot a big heavy 10Ga my money is on Jim.

I would try cyl bore first. Mounting a scope, well OK, please be really careful to give LOTS of eye clearance, I do not want to think about what scope eye with this gun would look like!

Samdweezel05
October 10, 2008, 06:35 PM
LOL, I am 6'3" 230 lbs or so. The thought of getting scope eye from a 10ga doesn't do much for me. The Cyl choke is the one I don't have. Time to find one. A 1 3/4oz slug shouldn't be that bad.:rolleyes:

Phil

gordo b.
October 10, 2008, 09:50 PM
I think a 24" rifle sighted Imp Cylinder barrel was available for a time. I have my eye out for one. I love my BPS, I use it for all waterfowl and turkeys. It has a 30" barrel and I shoot a modified steel approved choke for the steel shot and a full for the lead for turkeys. I keep my 20" Cylinder 10 ga. SxS AyA Matador double loaded with slugs usually (sometimes #4buck) hidden but accessable in the TV room for those home invasion scenarios.;)

Samdweezel05
October 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
A 10ga SxS coach gun with buck shot for home invasion? Never thought of that. I could always find another BPS and duct tape two of them together.

Phil

gordo b.
October 12, 2008, 10:50 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/gordonhulme/spring2008118.jpg

:D

gordo b.
October 12, 2008, 10:53 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/gordonhulme/spring2008117.jpg

zippy13
October 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
BigJimP

Have you priced copper pipe recently? :eek:
Perhaps you should keep that 10-ga around just in case of a plumbing emergency -- you might be able to put that big pipe to work. ;)

BigJimP
October 13, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hey you guys, big guys have feelings too you know ....we don't look like it, but we might be sensitive ....oh, hell, who am I kidding .... ( I'm only 6'5" and a biscuit shy of 300 lbs ...) but who cares. I could shoot it Bob - but not when I kept blinking after every shot ...and little tears in my eyes .. well maybe not, but it was a beast.

I sold that 10ga BPS ( and both barrels ) to a professional duck hunting guide in Stuttgart, Arkansas ... a few years back. He wanted it for "cleanup" when he has clients that can't shoot, are too hung over to shoot, whatever ... I think I paid about $ 500 for the gun and the extra barrel and a couple of extra chokes / and as I recall, I sold it to him for $ 200 ... before I left Stuttgart after having only used it in the field hunting geese on that one trip. I shot it a little for Trap before I went hunting that year - but it probably only had 10 boxes thru it before I sold it - and not a mark on it ( except the tears ). I even completely field stripped it / and cleaned it before I gave it to him ... just to show I cared...

Samdweezel05
October 13, 2008, 07:20 PM
We do have feelings but I leave mine at home so they don't get hurt. As for the 10ga with all the tear marks on it, I guess I will keep it and try to shoot it a little more. Never know when you will have a home invasion.:D

Phil

Niagara Shooter
October 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
Theres a BPS hunter 10 right now on gun broker with a 24' buck special barrel! Wish I lived in the states so I could bid! :D That'd be a fun one to own!!