PDA

View Full Version : Value of Winchester Mod. 94 30/30

stangfan93
October 8, 2008, 08:59 PM
I just bought as stated a Winchester Model 94 30/30 off a guy from work for $225. His dad used to collect guns when he was alive and when he passed the guns were passed down to him. I bought it sight un-seen and after inpecting the rifle it looks almost as if it has never been fired. Not sure when his dad bought it. He doesn't even know and he even said that it wouldn't surprise him if it hadn't.

When I took a look at after making the exchange I noticed no rust, sractches or dent or dings in the wood. It just absolutely immaculate save for the dust bunnies living in the barrel and the sights. Looking in the chamber I couldn't see any powder residue. I own severeal guns and even after extensive cleaning either by myself or paying a smith to clean one I still can see that at one time it had been fired. But not this gun. I took it to get cleaned and have a little check up as the lever was loose and would wobble when shaken. I was told that this was natural for the guns and it was nothing to worry about.

Also the bluing on the loading gate wasn't worn like on my .44 mag marlin.

My question is can anyone give me about a resonable estimate about what its worth? I don't plan on selling it and I don't plan on keeping it to not shoot it. But, I want to know as an idea.

Not sure when it was made. I was going to ask if someone could do this also. I will post the serial # in a lil bit when I get a chance. Its definitly older. It doesn't have a tang saftey like the newer ones before production was ceased. I have noticed people will post their serial number and at the end using 2 XX's at the end. I get the idea but I don't know how many. Can someone let me know. Thanks.

If this is confusing sorry.

hogdogs
October 8, 2008, 09:09 PM
From the sounds of it, it is worth a fair piece more than you paid. I would guess... JUST GUESS that they sell for 300+ in less condition.
Brent

stangfan93
October 8, 2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I just found a website that looks up the serial number and lets you know the year of manufacture. It was made in 1980. Gun is older than me and looks great

HOGGHEAD
October 9, 2008, 08:33 PM
You have a post 64 model 94. In my area they sell from $200 to $300 depending on condition. If yours is in excellent condition then you got a good deal for $225. You could probably make a few bucks, but not many. Tom.

2afreedom
October 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't take a penny less than $300 and I would probably ask $350 for it. The pre safety models have really gone up in the last few years. My advice though is to hang on to it. Hunt with it or use it as a range gun. I doubt you will regret it.