PDA

View Full Version : Glock 3.5# connector

tom234
October 5, 2008, 07:36 PM
I put a 3.5# Scherer connection in my G23 hoping to improving the trigger. Near as I can figure the trigger pull decreased from ~6# 8 oz to ~5# 2oz. Should I do a happy dance or be disappointed ?

NormOps
October 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
the nature of the Glock trigger system does not lend itself well to precise adjustment. the little piece one replaces for lighter trigger weight is merely a change of angle (and thus actual 'leaverage') where it contacts the sear/trigger arm. actual wieght can very possibly vary, and with different manufacturers and tolerance, or methods of trigger pull measuerment, that's probably not too bad.

DWARREN123
October 5, 2008, 10:01 PM
As long as nothing else changed for the worse then do the "Happy Dance"!:D

ZAT
October 5, 2008, 10:21 PM
I guess it all depends on whether you like your new trigger. If you like it then dance away. If you still dont like it then you have some tinkering to do. The good news about Glock is that there are a gazillion parts out there and they are generally affordable. You can try different springs and combinations. You can try different 3.5# connectors (Lone Wolf, Ghost...). The biggest change I noticed in my G21SF and G19 have been simply polishing all the mating surfaces like crazy.

NormOps
October 5, 2008, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah, and by the way, the Glock preventive maintainence manual has a lube chart which includes the spot where the trigger connector and trigger arm rub (vertically flat when gun is in normal shooting position) against each other. (but not the top edges where the actual triggering action is going on). of course the best lube is copper anti sieze, so it does't just run out.
This probably does not contribute to trigger weight much, but as a measure to insure its consistency.

Hornett
October 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
You still need the 25 cent trigger job. :cool:
If yo are handy or mechanical at all.
Go here. (http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/)
That site tells how to take apart your glock (which you already have figured out if you put in the 3.5# connector)
Then shows every wear point to polish and increase the smoothness.
It makes a big difference IMO and its relatively easy.

totalloser
October 6, 2008, 07:29 PM
Brownells has a spring kit that smooths things out too. It has a lighter spring for the firing pin safety (button the trigger bar drags across) which IMO is where most the goofy feel comes from. The other two springs include (I think) a heavier trigger spring (the one that pulls the trigger towards the business end of the stroke) and a lighter firing pin spring.

I haven't bothered to play with this kit as the triggers on my Glocks went from unworkable for me to just fine simply by doing the 3.5 connector. I really hated the oe trigger. Still not too stoked on it, but I am reasonably satisfied with my accuracy, now.

tom234
October 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
FYI… I went ahead and installed a Wolff Competition Pak #33230 which made the trigger definitely break cleaner and feel more crisp. Trigger pull results were as follows:
~6# 8oz. OEM
~5# 2.5oz [20% drop] after 3.5# Scherer connector
~4#4.3 oz [35% drop] after 3.5# Scherer connector and Wolff Competition Pak

Alleykat
October 13, 2008, 11:28 PM
I prefer the LWD 3.5# connector. Crisper break, and drops pull weight more than either Ghost, Glock, or Scherer connectors.