PDA

View Full Version : Night Vision Scope??!?

GoCart
October 3, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have a friend who does some night shooting down under and he uses a 22 mag. that needs a night vision scope to take things to the next level.

I have been shopping around for one but I would love some input from people outside of a marketing department. Does anyone have any experience with one? A brand they recommend?

I am hoping to keep it as inexpensive as possible but what ballpark am I looking at?

Thanks guys.:eek:

George Hill
October 3, 2008, 05:10 PM
I think you can't send your friend a nightvision scope if he is out of the country. They tend to be restricted items.

Rant Casey
October 3, 2008, 06:18 PM
Don't know about the shipping out of the USA, but my noveske enjoys one of these on top of it. https://gpssignal.com/pvs14alpha.htm There are many other options of course, some magnified, some not.

10-96
October 3, 2008, 09:06 PM
I believe it's the State Dept and Homeland Security folks that get their drawers in a bunch over un-registered / licensed export of NV gear.

GoCart
October 4, 2008, 02:40 PM
Oh NO!:eek: Sorry guys, I had no idea I couldn't mail it out of the country but I guess it makes perfect sense.

That scope link you put up is awesome, I might have to get one for myself (When I have 3k laying around:confused:)

Thanks for the info guys, I guess I will have to think of another gift idea.

Art Eatman
October 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
At the very bottom of the link's webpage:

"Export of ITT Night Vision products require an export license from the US Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, in accordance with international traffic in arms (ITAR) Title 2, Code of Federal Regulations."

publius
October 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't know about the legal aspect of shipping but I do know that quality night vision and inexpensive don't go together.