PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Guys, gotta bug you again

Tatsumi67
October 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
I'm cleaning my M91/30 , because I want to get it ready for some range time and I had a moment of "[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]" when trying to clean it. I have already degreased and regreased the bolt so thats not what im concerned about.

Just for some historical giggles I tried using the cleaning rod that came with it, but the notch with a hole in it (that I assumed was to hold a patch) does not fit in the bore, so I gave that up before damaging anything.

I defaulted to my usual Hoppe's No.9 kit and scrubbed it to a polish with the copper chamber brush,and I was able to use the cleaning rod to swab out the barrel with some bore solvent. Should the patch be TOTALLY spotless when I pull it out?

I havent boiled the barrel assembly, so maybe there is some cosmo?

azredhawk44
October 3, 2008, 03:32 PM
The notch with the whole is to put a peg through so you can screw the cleaning rod back into the stock. Also to use to pull the cleaning rod back up through the barrel.

Did you get the crown cap with the rifle too? Should have came with one. Stops the cleaning rod from scratching the crown.

Yep, keep cleaning until the patches come out clean.

I wouldn't suggest "scrubbing" with a copper brush though. Push straight through all the way, then pull straight back all the way. Smooth and even. Don't change the direction of tension on the bristles while in the bore.

Chipperman
October 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yep, keep cleaning until the patches come out clean.

Heh. Good luck with that.

Try shooting it before you waste too much time trying in vain to get a mirror-finish bore.

Tatsumi67
October 3, 2008, 04:15 PM
Heh. Good luck with that.

Try shooting it before you waste too much time trying in vain to get a mirror-finish bore.

On that note im off to the range :p

Jimro
October 3, 2008, 08:41 PM
After the range, try running some carb cleaner down the bore to flush it out.

Jimro