PDA

View Full Version : Bad .32 ACP

ligonierbill
September 29, 2008, 07:23 PM
Not "bad" like that .32 packin' fellow Jim Croce sang about, but ammo that you have had a poor experience with. I will try several flavors, but with the hot SD ammo going for $1 each, I would like to weed some out.

B. Lahey
September 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
Had a squib with Winchester FMJ (walmart WWB). No fun.

I like the Buffalo Bore SWC load for carry, Fiocchi FMJ for practice.

tshadow6
September 29, 2008, 08:15 PM
.32 Winchester Silvertip always went bang for me. .32 is popular in Europe, try some Sellier & Bellot. You can find it in Cheaper than Dirt.

PSP
September 30, 2008, 06:17 AM
I avoid Fiocchi HP because it has a soft lead nose on the bullet that easily and severely deforms when being chambered.

I have experienced rimlock with a .32acp pistol. It is a big problem when it occurs.

wnycollector
September 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
My father-in-law loads his Llama XA with fiocchi FMJ. I plan on getting him a box of BB hard cast FN to check out.

Tom2
September 30, 2008, 06:02 PM
The Fiocchi is about the fastest ball load you can easily obtain. I would maybe avoid really old ammo and any Spanish made like Santa Barbera ammo. Some HP may not feed, but that is a function of the ammo gun combo. So far I have not experienced any duds in that round, but then again I don't know too many people that fire tons and tons of 32 to find the duds anyway.

Technosavant
October 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
Winchester Silvertip seems to be the "standard" in .32ACP. Fiocchi has some with the Hornady XTP bullet, and I have bought a couple boxes of those (much cheaper than the Silvertips), but haven't had a chance to try them out.

Tom2
October 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
I bought some of that FN Belgium FMJ flat nose stuff from AIM years ago in .32. Really large flat on the front of the bullet and goes bang fine, but if blast and recoil are any indication, they don't have the oomph of the Fiocchi stuff. Has always been considered a serious cartridge in Europe apparently, and Fiocchi loads to meet their expectations over there.

454 gunner
October 1, 2008, 06:29 PM
I have had great expiriences with the silvertips(expensive though), and Cor-Bon 60gr hollow tips worked great in my guardian. The fiocci 60gr hollows work well too and are much cheaper at 20.00$ a box of 50. I had light primer strikes with remington ball ammo and don't buy it anymore.

ice monkey
October 1, 2008, 09:20 PM
Here, these links might help.

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/32acp/gel32acp.htm
http://stevespages.com/page8f32acp.html

For what it’s worth - I am a fan of the Cor-Bon 60. But if your pistol will handle it ... the Buffalo Bores look gr8 on paper. I just can’t find any reviews on them yet.

michael t
October 1, 2008, 10:57 PM
S&B or Corbon in my P-32's

oneounceload
October 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
try loading your own ??

blhseawa
October 2, 2008, 02:36 AM
Winchester white box and S & B ball ammo, (FMJ 71 gr) have always worked well. Mostly for target practice.

For SD, I carry, or more accurately, my wife carries, Win Slivertips (JHP 60 gr.) or Speer GoldDot (JHP 60 gr).

All have been reliable for us.

YMMV