PDA

View Full Version : 40S&W loads for CZ 75 Compact

vts
September 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
I just paid for and I am waiting to pick up my new baby.

So my question is to does of you who have this baby. What do you feed it? What works best for you, both cheap target loads and high end self defense loads. In short what kind of baby food do you recommend?

yodarkritch
September 30, 2008, 09:35 PM
I gave up reloading .40 S & W because of the chance of KaBOOMS

Any bullet going backwards in the unfired round below the last fired round make high pressure and KB on the next shot

Any load above 165 gr bullet weight produces the risk of high pressure and bullet moveback (see above) and KB

My son has had three KB's in a Smiff and they replaced the failed parts free but he learned as did I. factory (not remanufactured ) He uses ammo loads in it

I ended up going to .45 ACP and have been having a lotta fun with a proven load and caliber and man-stopper with NO KB's
\
Elmer Kieth said "bigger holes bleed more blood"

The Moros will tell you the truth of that

Yodar

vts
October 1, 2008, 04:35 AM
:confused:

10-96
October 1, 2008, 05:23 AM
Look for Remington Golden Saber or Speer Gold Dot. Maybe grab a box of Fed Hydra Shocks, or a Hornady SD load. Im my book- those are the tops (just my opinion). Anyhow, don't get stuck on one brand or one weight- your pistola will likely let you know which one it likes best. Don't skimp on your personal safety- but it may add up to a healthy chunk of $$ to find out which one shoots / loads / ejects best.

I know, that isn't the answer you were looking for either- sorry. But it ought to get you started.

My old one liked Speer Lawman 165's(?) for practice and Speer Gold Dot 155's OR 165's for carry.

vts
October 1, 2008, 02:10 PM
Good advice and that is what I am planing to do. My first CZ got several makes and bullet weight through it before I settled for Remington Golden Saber 124gr+P.
What impressed me about the CZ was that it works with everything I feed it.

vts
October 3, 2008, 05:52 AM
I just got a shipment of Remington Golden Saber. Both the regular and the bonded.
There is a big differenced in design and looks between the two. The regular has a deeper cavity and the jacket is yellow (brass).
The bonded has a copper jacket (red... like a copper pipe) and the cavity is shallow. The slits in the side of the jacket is almost parallel whit the center line of the cartridge on the bonded and more horizontal on the regular.

I will take some pictures in the morning when the light is better.

DWARREN123
October 3, 2008, 07:05 AM
I reload for the 40 S&W and think that is the way to go. For carry ammo you may wish to use factory ammo.
After appoximately 10,000 rounds of reloads the only problem I have had is 3 Magtech primers that failed to go off.
I reload for Glock 23/27 and a Springfield XDm and stay at a high mid level load which are very clean, accurate and work.
I had a CZ 75 Compact in 40 S&W and it had problems feeding all types of ammo, not bad, maybe 1 in 150 rounds but it would happen to often for me in a carry handgun.

vts
October 3, 2008, 02:27 PM
Got some pictures of the Bonded Golden Saber next to the non bonded.

To the left is a 9mm regular Golden Saber, center 40S&W regular Golden Saber and to the right is the bonded Golden Saber