PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays (a little late)

Daren Thompson
January 3, 1999, 06:28 PM
Hi all
just got back from a trip to Montana, along the way was confronted with several problems.
The first is when traveling state to state, in places were haveing a loaded gun in the front of the car is trouble, what do U all do? some say better judged by 12 than carried by 6

The second is this is the holiday season and crooks probably know that travlers are carring valuables. The snow slowed me down and had to stay in hotel. After 3 trips to carry all of my rifles to my room the clerk looked at me funny, but said nothing.(Guns were in cases). I have had trouble with some hotels in the past, before I asked and was told no this time tired with snowed in roads, just did it. My question is what does every body else do?

Later
Daren

fal308
January 4, 1999, 09:45 AM
I usually don't ask. Just carry in with other luggage or if carrying a lot of gear will carry weapons in first as vehicle is vunerable.

Dennis
January 4, 1999, 03:07 PM
For long guns, I made a dowel with 3 hooks (middle one up, end ones down). With a short length of cord I hang a long gun on each end hook and carry them in a suit bag. Nobody seems to know I have long guns amidst the clothing. I don't have as many long guns as you apparently carry.
Handguns I carry in "sample cases" (18"long, 8"wide, 12"high). Two or three cases hold all the handguns, ammo, caps, eye/ear protection, cleaning/toolkit, etc. I ever take with me.
I try to look boring. Nothing I have says, "Steal me first!"
Oh yes, and I "carry" my Star PD, 1911A1, or G34 all the time.
fal308,
Thanks for the tip in taking guns from the car to the room first. I never thought of that. You've changed the way I do things. Thanks again.

------------------