PDA

View Full Version : The new XDm about to be born

Playboypenguin
September 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
Does anyone one know what the "New XDM" that is "about to be born" entails? I jut noticed the ad on the Springer website a few minutes ago. :)

BanditSRT8
September 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
9mm or 45ACP.

CortJestir
September 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
Or both, hopefully.

Anyone think SA is shooting themselves in the foot with the addition of a 9mm and .45 XDm? Wonder what the XDm line will do to XD full-size sales.

David the Gnome
September 13, 2008, 01:26 PM
SA would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't offer a 9mm and 45acp version of the XDM. The question is, which one are they going to introduce? I doubt they will release both at once. I'm still waiting to see a compact/sub-compact version.

duo02
September 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
The new one they have been showing off in magazine ad's is the 9mm. Its 19 plus 1 ones of 9mm. I am sure though in the next month or two we will be seeing 45acp and 357 sig. Now having the nine out demand is going to be going crazy.

hoytinak
September 13, 2008, 01:29 PM
I'm holding off for the .45ACP.

CortJestir
September 13, 2008, 01:35 PM
SA would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't offer a 9mm and 45acp version of the XDM

Agreed. It seems that SA is making a slow transition to the XDm, instead of a full replacement of the entire XD line in one shot. With the success of the XDm, I think we're bound to see compact and SC XDms in all calibers sooner than we think.

I'm looking forward to a 9mm XDm subcompact.

tschmittel
September 13, 2008, 01:36 PM
There is an add in the new, October Guns and Ammo. It is an XDM in 9MM. It has a 19+1 capacity.

David the Gnome
September 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
If you click through to the XDM mini-site it says, "now available in OD Green". I don't think that's the "new XDM to be born" but still worth noting.

IdahoG36
September 13, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have read other responses to this question on other forums. Some say it is just an OD .40, and some say it will be a 9mm.

I personally think that the OD version is just a diversion. I don't think Springfield would make large ads announcing a new XDm, just to unveil an OD framed version. I guess time will tell.

bojack2575
September 13, 2008, 04:00 PM
I like my XDM .40 so much I plan on getting one in .45ACP and 9mm. I think it the best pistol out right now. :)

ssilicon
September 13, 2008, 08:32 PM
Maybe I'm wierd but I like the regular XDs just great. I like the Ms also, but as long as the grip of a regular XD fits my hand (and they do quite well), then I see not a lot of advantage in the replacable back strap option. I also honestly could care less about the slide being less squared, and the barrels on the regular ones are fairly accurate based on personal experience and what others report so the so called match grade barrel of the Ms isn't that imortant to me.

I almost think it may be a better idea to just spend less on the regular XDs and have all the holsters and everything that already fit those available to you.

Just a thought.

texasrangers
September 13, 2008, 08:58 PM
yeah but just think that the capacity for the .45 could be 15+1. Now thats what I'm talkin bout.

ChicagoTex
September 13, 2008, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'm wierd but I like the regular XDs just great. I like the Ms also, but as long as the grip of a regular XD fits my hand (and they do quite well), then I see not a lot of advantage in the replacable back strap option. I also honestly could care less about the slide being less squared, and the barrels on the regular ones are fairly accurate based on personal experience and what others report so the so called match grade barrel of the Ms isn't that imortant to me.

I generally ignore replaceable backstraps as a "feature" they don't alter the gun's fit drastically enough to make a gun that doesn't fit you fit you. So either the gun fits or it doesn't, period.
As for the slide and barrel, I'm in general agreement.
The biggest appeal of the M, in my opinion, is the SUBSTANTIALLY improved trigger.

IdahoG36
September 13, 2008, 09:53 PM
I like my XDM .40 so much I plan on getting one in .45ACP and 9mm. I think it the best pistol out right now.

+1. I pick mine up finally next Friday. I can't wait. I have never had a pistol fit my hand so well before as the XDm.

BanditSRT8
September 14, 2008, 03:32 PM
I generally ignore replaceable backstraps as a "feature" they don't alter the gun's fit drastically enough to make a gun that doesn't fit you fit you. So either the gun fits or it doesn't, period.

I don't know how true that may be on the XDm because I have not played with their interchangeability, but I can say for certain that if you swap out panels on the HK P30 there is a dramatic difference between each one.

ShootingNut
September 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
Any problems with your XDm 40 yet, feeding ammo or whatever?
I'm eyeing that one up, as I own and like reloading and shooting the .40 a lot. Then again, maybe I should wait to get a .45 to have the high capacity, which my 1911 doesn't have.
Looked at one for the first time this weekend at Gander Mtn. I'm attracted to the Bitone model. The stainless finish at first look, wasn't up to the quality of my Smith & Wesson Stainless guns though. But, if it's a great shooting pistol, I could live with that.
Regards,
SN

B. Lahey
September 14, 2008, 05:34 PM
Yipee, more Croatian plastic. :rolleyes:

JAYBIRD78
September 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
+1. I pick mine up finally next Friday. I can't wait. I have never had a pistol fit my hand so well before as the XDm

YOU should try a CZ pistol. It's like the gun was attached to your hand at BIRTH! :eek: :eek: :D

JAYBIRD78
September 14, 2008, 05:41 PM
Will this mean I can pick up the "old" models for cheap as everyone sells them to buy the "new M" models. SSSSSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT! :cool:

RGS
September 14, 2008, 08:01 PM
"The new XDm about to be born
Does anyone one know what the "New XDM" that is "about to be born" entails? I just noticed the add on the Springer website a few minutes ago."

Just a thought... maybe a CA legal version?? I see it is not on their DOJ approved list as of yet. Maybe a 10 round mag version would fix that. The older XDs are listed.

I've been out of CA for 7 years so they are sure to have added more draconian anti gun ownership rules since I left. But still it is a huge market, so a CA friendly version isn't all that far fetched.

Rick

CortJestir
September 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
Just a thought... maybe a CA legal version??

Perhaps, but I opine that a CA certified version would not warrant a marketing campaign...at least in the eyes of this corporate lackey. It is most likely another caliber and probably the 9mm. Those will sell like hotcakes...or perhaps, like Glocks.

bojack2575
September 14, 2008, 08:41 PM

The only problems I had was when I tried to shoot some light 135 grain stuff through it.

I have shot over 1000 rounds of 165+grain and had zero problems.

IdahoG36
September 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
Idaho

I don't have it yet. I am picking it up on Sept. 19th. I will definitely be shooting it that weekend though.

RGS
September 14, 2008, 11:28 PM
Looks like the new offering is the 9mm 19+1

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-discussion-room-xd-m/81599-official-9mm-19-1-round-xd-m-sas-web-site.html

denfoote
September 15, 2008, 04:58 AM
When you peel back the layers of hype and reach down deep into it's Cyrillic soul, it's still an HS2000!!! ;)

The unholy consummation of 1911 and Glock!!! :eek:

ssilicon
September 15, 2008, 09:46 AM
The biggest appeal of the M, in my opinion, is the SUBSTANTIALLY improved trigger.

Ya got me there ChicagoTex. Good point. Still though, I do not mind the XD trigger. While not a 1911 race gun, I've felt far worse. The fact that the XDM trigger is even better than the XD is a plus.

FairWarning
September 15, 2008, 12:09 PM
I wish they would hurry up and release the .45 ACP M gun!! I have been lusting over a XD Tactical for some time now, but I suppose I should wait to see the M version first. I hate waiting. :mad:

bikerbill
September 16, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'd like to handle one a bit, but assuming it's as good as the reviews are saying, I'll be trading my XD40 in when the .45 version comes out ... trying to cut down on the number of calibers I have to keep in stock for range days ... read several reviews of the .40, all are glowing ... my understanding is that the XD will still be available; the m versions are going to be more expensive ...

Bob Hostetter
September 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
They are pretty nice. I have about 8000 rounds thru this one and it is working fine. While the trigger is better then the standard XD, they can still be imrpoved to near 1911 quality.http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h198/BobHostetter/100_1222.jpg

AZ Med18
September 17, 2008, 01:33 AM
I just got my NRA American Rifleman magazine and on the inside it has advertisements for the new 9mm version of the XDM.

It does hold 19+1

vertigoing
September 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
I've been looking for a new 9mm to add to my collection, it was between the glock 19 and the cz85. But now the XDm comes along and I'm really drawn to it.

Kurt Kurfluffle
September 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't thought about a new pistol in awhile but that XD9m w/19+1 sure looks tempting. I'm happy with my XD45 so I know I would like it.

IdahoG36
September 19, 2008, 07:50 PM
I picked up my new XDm today. Here's a link to the thread I started.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311480