PDA

View Full Version : SKB Pump Shotgun

Flatlanderforever
August 26, 2008, 04:19 PM
I bought an SKB 12 Gauge pump for my son. They don't make them anymore. Anyone know the history of these guns?

skeeter1
August 27, 2008, 12:59 AM
I don't have a pump, but I do have a pair of SKB SxS doubles, M100 and M200E. Both very high quality for the price (still, not cheap). Made in Japan. If you PM me with a little more info (model #, partial serial #), I'll see what I can find out for you.

Flatlanderforever
August 29, 2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks Skeeter,

SKB M-7300 S3004561

Barrel says: SKB Pump 12 gauge 3" CHAMBER PROOF TESTED
MITSUI & CO. USA INC CHICAGO ILL FULL

Flatlanderforever
August 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
Also, hunting pheasants last year my son said he shot at one but nothing happened, no shot fired. I walked over and cocked the gun to kick out the shell. When I did, the gun fired. Scared us both. Luckily I had the barrel pointed in a safe direction. Its like the firing pin was stuck or something. It was cold out too but it has stuck other times as well. Whats the best fix for that?

RetiredLawman
August 29, 2008, 01:29 PM
Give it a good cleaning. I think you might have gummed up oil in the bolt and the trigger assembly. The sear releases when it is bumped is what is sounds like. Dissamble it and give it a good cleaning with Gunscrubber and try again.

SDC
August 29, 2008, 01:45 PM
SKB (Sakaba) makes good-quality guns in Japan, and have made guns for Weatherby and Ithaca in the past. Likely, as suggested, your shotgun just needs a good cleaning and some light lubrication. The markings show that your particular shotgun was imported by a company named "Mitsui & Co.", of Chicago, IL.