PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a plastic gun that I can live with..

skynyrd1911
August 24, 2008, 08:45 PM
I've only been interested in handguns for about 15 years. As far as plastic guns go, I've tried Glocks (my first .45 was a G21) and Springfield XD (9mm). Both were good shooters, but they just were not for me. I just recently traded into a new HK USPc 9mm. I think this will be a keeper. DAO or SA/DA has never thrilled me, but being able to carry this HK "cocked & locked" is a feature that the Glock & XD lacked. Anyway, I just had to share this.
skynyrd1911

Borch
August 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
Ok, give me a minute to puzzle this one out. . . . nope can't do it I gotta ask. How do you not carry a Glock or an XD (or any striker fired pistol) "cocked and locked"? You put the magazine in, rack the slide and there you go, "cocked and locked" carry. Simple. Practically speaking, the only differences are that striker fired pistols don't have a hammer and striker fired pistols are arguably safer to carry in a ready to fire state than any SA or DA/SA weapon when "cocked and locked".

hoytinak
August 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
I too have been through alot of polymer guns trying to find the "perfect" one for me. While I've still got 3 Glocks and 5 HKs my favorite is still my USPc 9mm. It's had a hard 10 years being used and abused but it's never quit on me going on 43,000 rounds so far. Good choice on the USPc, hope your's last at least as long as mine has. :)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8693/1000399iw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KChen986
August 24, 2008, 10:35 PM
Borch, I believe in response to your question, the term cocked and locked usually means one in the chamber With the safety on. Internal safeties notwithstanding, a glock doesn't allow one to lock out the trigger, hence no "cock and locked."

I could be wrong though. :)

skynyrd1911
August 25, 2008, 05:33 AM
Yep......what he said. I knew somebody was going to respond like that. I know Glocks are safe, but I don't care for the trigger pull. I prefer something similar to a 1911. I also like to see my hammer for some reason.

HKFan9
August 25, 2008, 09:49 AM
Before I read anything I knew someone would say Glock is the answer to everything:rolleyes: Just figuered Glockeroo would be the one preaching.:D

Great choice though, I favor DA/SA and I have the full size USP 9mm and its a great gun. A 9mm has soft recoil to begin with but with the recoil reduction system the sights don't seem to move from the target. I love all of my firearms but can honestly say the HK out of the box surprised me and truly impressed me.

Dobe
August 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
If I were going plastic, it would be HK. I'm still looking at the HK 45 long and hard.

vox rationis
August 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
I also like my USPc (.40), and it is currently my primary gun, and yes I also carry it Cocked and Locked when I carry it in my IWB holster, which is most of the time. I carry it at half-cock and locked when I am forced to mexican carry or carry it in my man purse. I love the versatile V1 trigger set up, it works extremely well for me. I could conceive of a better pistol (think a combination between HK 1911 Hi Power and maybe Glock :D) but overall, the USPc has all the features that I find most practical, currently.

Congratulations on finding a polymer pistol that works for you.

BredanSIG
August 25, 2008, 06:28 PM
I too love the ability to carry cocked n locked that the v1 offers for USP owners. I have owned several Glocks in the past, and the grip angle just wasn't for me. The USP compact fits my hands wonderfully, and I really like the sight picture.

Enjoy your USPc 9mm!

B.N.Real
August 25, 2008, 07:58 PM
hoytinak-43,000 rounds!

Hey,save some ammo for the rest of us.

LOL.:D