PDA

View Full Version : It Official, I'm a Glock man.

Tatsumi67
August 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
After alot of questions on this forums like "Sig fan seducede by Glocks" I finally had a chance to try a Glock today. I selected a Glock 21 SF. And it is now my favorite automatic, and will probably be my first handgun. It turns out that I'm one of those Glock people, It fit me perfectly, was very controllable, and I got better results with this gun in the meger 150 rounds I had with it today than any other handgun I have ever used ever. Its offical, I'm a Glock man.

Alleykat
August 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
Give an LWD 3.5# connector a try. Also, the best money you could now spend on that Glock would be for Agrip! :)

Brian Pfleuger
August 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
Welcome young Padowon, to the Tennifer Temple. Be sure to say Hello to Glockeroo when you see him.:D

ElectricHellfire
August 18, 2008, 06:37 PM
Congrats and welcome to the darkside. :)

jfrey123
August 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
welcome to the darkside.

Ahem, I believe that's welcome to the Glockside... The Emperor will be pleased. :D

http://medienkritik.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/palpatine.jpg

Playboypenguin
August 18, 2008, 06:43 PM
It is easy to fall in love with a Glock. They have that "ugliest puppy in the litter" quality. Add that to the fact they are rugged performers and drop dead reliable and you have an easy to love gun. They are also not expensive. You can tell be looking at and shooting them that they are all business and I can see why people like that. :)

I have a couple myself that I am quite fond of...I do not show the off, but I am still fond of them. :D

Saab1911
August 18, 2008, 06:51 PM
It is easy to fall in love with a Glock. They have that "ugliest puppy in the litter" quality. Add that to the fact they are rugged performers and drop dead reliable and you have an easy to love gun. They are also not expensive. You can tell be looking at and shooting them that they are all business and I can see what people like that.

I can see that. My first car was a Jeep Wrangler. I never got so much ...
Phew, I stopped myself just in time. Can't say what I was going to say in
mixed company. Anyway, the Wrangler was so ugly that it was beautiful.

Now, I'm beginning to see the same so-ugly-it's-beautiful quality in a Glock. :p

Kreyzhorse
August 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
Add that to the fact they are rugged performers and drop dead reliable and you have an easy to love gun. They are also not expensive.

What's not to love about Glocks? PBP sums it up nicely. Glocks aren't perfect, but they great guns.

Congrats.

f8lranger4x4
August 18, 2008, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the dark side:D

vox rationis
August 18, 2008, 09:50 PM
count yourself lucky that the Glock fits you well cause you'll have access to cheap mags and lots of aftermarket items, not to mention lots of relatively inexpensive models to choose from..

I have requirements and criteria that have led me to choose something else for concealed carry, but I like my Glock 17, and every collection would be "enriched", or "soiled", depending on how you look at it, by a Glock or two :D

Since it will be your first handgun, and a Glock, a couple of pointers if you don't mind:

1) realize that you'll need to pull the trigger when you take it down, and so with a Glock, become even more OCD about chamber checking and pointing it in a safe direction before you take it down, as people have shot themselves while disassembling the gun

Personally I make it a religion to ALWAYS chamber check WHENEVER I pick up a gun, even if I set it down right next to me empty while dry firing or whatever, even if I've chambered checked 50 times already, if I put it down even for a few seconds, everytime I pick it up I chamber check, every time, all the time.

Anyway, since you have to pull the trigger to break the Glock down, it is more unforgiving of forgetting that there is a chambered round, so CLEAR YOUR CHAMBER !

2) if you carry with a round in the chamber, which you should if you carry it for self defense, make sure you get a holster that doesn't have a back strap that can enter the holster and get stuck in your trigger guard and cause a Negligent Discharge

3) Always use a stiff non pliable holster, and I would recommend eye balling the inside of the holster as you insert the gun to make sure nothing is in there to snag the trigger; Also don't let a chambered Glock loose somewhere where there's stuff that can enter the trigger guard and cause a discharge (man purse, woman purse, duffel bag, center console, etc)

4) I would personally chamber a round, check the holster, holster the gun while pointing it in a safe direction, and only then attach the holster to your clothing, in other words I wouldn't blind holster a Glock, especially if you have an IWB holster

5) safe and happy shooting

6) sorry for the pontification session :D

DWARREN123
August 18, 2008, 09:52 PM
Some people like and some don't. I do! :D

9x19
August 18, 2008, 09:54 PM
They really are very good pistols... congrats.

I recently picked up a 21SF myself, and it has become my favorite .45!

Saab1911
August 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
Thou shalt get thyself a polymer prayer rug covered with Tenifer, yes thou shalt.
Thou shalt pray facing Austria five times a day.
But be forewarned, young sith padowan. If thou heart not be pure thou prayer mayest be
answered not by all highest Gaston Glock but by Mannlicher Steyr.

:p

omaha64
August 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
Congrats! Glocks are hefty workhorses.

Borch
August 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
I used to hate Glocks, grip angle was wrong, backstrap was too short and the slide rode too low. All of that mixed with my fat hands added up to major damage to the web between my thumb and index finger. No matter which Glock I used or how I adjust my grip, I could not compensate. Then my old man gave me his duty weapon (G23 w/Crimson Trace laser grip) when he retired from the LE world and everything changed. The CT grip modified the grip angle, lengthened the backstrap and lowered my grip just enough that the slide cleared my hand. Not to mention it made the Glock the most comfortable and naturally pointable weapon I'd ever held. I now own that same 23 along with a 19, a 27 and hopefully soon a 21SF. All are or will be fitted with their own Crimson Trace.

Brian Pfleuger
August 19, 2008, 11:30 AM
Personally I make it a religion to ALWAYS chamber check WHENEVER I pick up a gun, even if I set it down right next to me empty while dry firing or whatever, even if I've chambered checked 50 times already, if I put it down even for a few seconds, everytime I pick it up I chamber check, every time, all the time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that.... paranoia. I find myself checking the chamber end of a fully disassembled shotgun before I look down the barrel. Why? Who knows.

Te Anau
August 19, 2008, 11:54 AM
It Official, I'm a Glock man.
You'll come to your senses sooner or later.:p

9x19
August 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
You'll come to your senses sooner or later.

It sounds like he already has... :D

It fit me perfectly, was very controllable, and I got better results with this gun in the meger 150 rounds I had with it today than any other handgun I have ever used ever.

Sixer
August 19, 2008, 12:34 PM
You won't regret it:)

Tatsumi67
August 19, 2008, 05:42 PM

Anyway, since you have to pull the trigger to break the Glock down, it is more unforgiving of forgetting that there is a chambered round, so CLEAR YOUR CHAMBER !

My first instructor drilled that into us, and I do it too, in fact when I know I'm going to the range the next day I keep a snap-cap in my shotgun just to keep myself on edge.

Im state certified and Ive been shooting since I was two years old, In fact on that same range day I tried the Glock, I actually corrected a man in his who looked to be in his late 40s that it is unsafe and unagainst range policy to uncase and load his 1911 on the rear bench.

Safety is a big deal to me, I dont shoot with or hunt with anyone who doesnt have safety cert. or that I have trained (I tutored alot of young kids through boy scouts, and they respect what I told them)

HK123
August 19, 2008, 05:56 PM
Glocks are great guns, but in .45 I prefer my HK45. You should enjoy your selection though.

ElectricHellfire
August 19, 2008, 05:58 PM
+1 on that. I check the chamber 3 times in succession each time my hand touches one of my weapons. Even after that, If I am about to dry fire I check again. I take no chances and if you practice safety properly there is no reason to fear dry firing your weapon.

Glockeroo
August 19, 2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.orbit.zkm.de/files/gotchi/orbit/picture-213.png

Let me introduce you to another one of my children. His name is Tatsumi67.

Glockeroo
August 19, 2008, 06:03 PM
Oh, and if you don't want to get the Glock addiction, absolutely do not fire a G19.

JeffSSig
August 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/glock-43669.jpg
Maybe try this one?

cnutco
August 19, 2008, 07:33 PM
You don't happen to live in NE GA do you? I picked up some GA ARMS 357 SIG by mistake... want to sell it for what I paid.

blackhawk45
August 19, 2008, 07:42 PM
Glocks aren't perfect,

But they will do until someone builds a perfect handgun !

Teppo Sensei
August 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
is the glock21sf grip much smaller than a glock21?

JohnKSa
August 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
It's not "much" smaller but it is noticeably smaller. You should probably handle one if at all possible before buying.

SlowIsSmoothIsFast
August 28, 2008, 01:13 AM
I don't even know why people say Glocks are ugly. Maybe it's because I grew up shooting a Glock 20, but I like the look. Especially with a silver barrel and Hogue grip and nightsites. Oh yea, the 1st Gens are very ugly though. :D

I'm buying a Glock 32 ASAP! :) :) :)