PDA

View Full Version : what is this thing?

brynotherhino
August 13, 2008, 12:22 AM
so i was at a local gun store and i saw what appeared to be an AK style gun with a longer barrel and built in bipod. the tag said century arms. it looked really cool and i was wondering if anybody knows anything else other than it would be heck on zombies.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
August 13, 2008, 01:17 AM
It's an RPK copy, most likey the civie type.

brynotherhino
August 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
would it be worth buying?

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
August 13, 2008, 10:50 AM
depends on the shape really. Does it look good? See, if it were me, I'd jump on it, good or bad shape. It's a Century Arms, and a lot of us see that they have some crappy rebuilds or whatever, but this one may be pretty good. Just go look at it, check and see if the sights are canted, and there's a few others that can be answered if someone else hops in.

brynotherhino
August 13, 2008, 11:14 AM
it appeared to be in an almost new condition. a good friend of mine bought an ak from this store not to long ago and has had no problems with it except for a faulty magazine spring.

famine
August 13, 2008, 12:17 PM
Could be a couple of guns, if it has a "standard" ak full stock its probably the Yugo varient of the rpk that is seen around. If it has a "club foot" stock it is more than likely a romanian build aes10 or aes10b. I just picked up an aes10b off the internet and paid around $450 after shipping and transfer fee. The
10b model has a heavy barrel and the aes10 does not. Check the front post as mentioned earlier, they can be off a little or a lot. Also if you do get it clean it well before firing, there are generally metal shavings in the reciever due to the rebuild process. You will want to check and see how the mags fit in it, I haven't had a problem but have heard about some mags fitting and some not along with wobble problems. Other than that I haven't heard about any other problems with them.

brynotherhino
August 13, 2008, 06:20 PM
thanks a lot. if it is there in the middle of september and i cant find a stoeger side by side or a marlin 1895 stainless guide gun ill probably get it.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
August 14, 2008, 05:59 AM
Stoegers and guide guns will be around, this may not, lol.

Where'd you order yours, Famine? I want either an AK, RPK variant, or both:D:rolleyes:

Logs
August 14, 2008, 06:10 AM
They are $600 here in KY they do look cool.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/

famine
August 14, 2008, 12:24 PM
I got mine through Classic Arms

http://www.classicarms.us/

Always wanted an ak varient and this one was supposed to be pretty fun so I got it. Have to refinish the stock, front sight is off a bit, and I'm considering refinishing with some dura coat but the rifling is bright and everything works fine. Basically the same general comments about century's fit and finish but I knew this getting the rifle and I needed a new project. It is heavy;) definately not a resonable HD gun but it is fun for range/plinking. By the way this was my only experience with Classic but the people seem decent and they shipped the rifle right away. I think it was less than a week from when I ordered it to when the local gunshop had it.