PDA

View Full Version : i got it

countryboywithgun
August 3, 2008, 06:22 PM
I finally did it. i got a 1911. I picked up a NIB kimber custom II full size blued with tritium night sites at a gun show in houston this weekend. I have only put a couple of mags through it so far but is seems great.

No i was not going in to get a kimber, just the opposite actually due to what i have read but i spoke with several people there about the choice of 1911 in the price range and it was, springfield, kimber, s&w and taurus. all said Kimber. so hope i did ok. price seemed good at $ 769 but it only came with1 mag.

I will post pics later. anything i should look for in working it in? I bought winchester hardball box of 100 to start out.

bluetopper
August 3, 2008, 06:25 PM
Congrats and welcome to the 1911 family.

You too will discover the only plastic that should come near a handgun is a credit card.

copenhagen
August 3, 2008, 06:26 PM
I have one, but I had problems with the ejector coming lose- I've had to restake it twice now.

It is a fun little gun though.

I also replaced the plastic main spring housing with a metal one which has a fluted base to facilitate quick reloads. Finally, I bought a tungsten steel guide rod which helped with recoil considerably. I bought the parts from kimber.

bojack2575
August 3, 2008, 06:42 PM
Congrats and welcome to the 1911 family.

You too will discover the only plastic that should come near a handgun is a credit card.

I also replaced the plastic main spring housing with a metal one which has a fluted base to facilitate quick reloads. Finally, I bought a tungsten steel guide rod which helped with recoil considerably. I bought the parts from kimber.

It sems that copenhagen and parisite post contradict each other. I guess not all 1911s are 100% metal.

CountryBoy congrats on your new gun I hope you it gives you many years of trouble free service.

doug66
August 4, 2008, 11:54 AM
Too high priced for me, but my dad has 2 Kimbers and he loves 'em. You'll be well served with it.

Kreyzhorse
August 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
Congrats. A good 1911 is hard to beat. I bought my first in Feb of this year and I'm still no sure how I lived my first 39 years without one.

remshooter
August 4, 2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the club.

Now go shoot it like you mean it.:D