August 3, 2008, 02:01 PM
Which Kahr CW do you own?

Opinions?

Price?

How easy is takedown?

Would you buy again?

oldcspsarge
August 3, 2008, 02:19 PM
Just bought a CW9 for my daughter as an off-duty pistol. Very reliable and accurate of the range.

Have sold a bunch of CW40's...had to return them for service....which was fast and corrected the problem of mag dropping out after first round fired.

9 is very controllable...40 a little snotty to shoot.

JMHO

JBP55
August 3, 2008, 07:43 PM
CW9
100% reliable and accurate.
$400
Very
Yes

gmanpma
August 3, 2008, 08:34 PM
I have the PM9 which just recently returned from Cylinder and Slide where they did a terrific job of smoothing the gun out. I will shortly purchase the PM45. This is an easy to carry, reliable weapon.

PSP
August 3, 2008, 08:59 PM
Which Kahr CW do you own?

CW9

Opinions?

Just bought it

Price?

$328

How easy is takedown?

No, I need a punch and hammer to pop out the pin EDIT: It's getting easier the more I do it.

Would you buy again?

Too soon, I've had two steel Kahrs that were great, and one poly Kahr that gave me trouble,(P45). If this one doesn't work, I'll forget Kahr.

greenjeans
August 3, 2008, 09:15 PM
CW9 and CW45.
My favorite carry guns.
$429 CW9 new, $379 CW45 used
Easy take-down. No punch and hammer needed on mine
Would buy another without hesitation

Flawless with both so far and that includes the break-in period for the CW9. Unknown round count through the CW45, but also flawless with me.

John Moses
August 3, 2008, 11:34 PM
I have been considering a PM9

any reports would be appreciated

SmokeyVol
September 20, 2008, 05:09 PM
I just sold my Kahr CW9 this morning at a gun show and good ridance. I only had it for 2 months. It was the most inaccurate handgun I have ever owned. From 5 yards, it could not put one shot in the black on an 8" target. The magazine popped out constantly even when fully seated. It was by far the worst gun purchse I have ever made.

PSP
September 20, 2008, 06:43 PM
A follow up to my post above of 8/3.

My CW9 has proven very reliable.

Accuracy is good... 2" groups at 7-10 yards are routine. Follow up shots come quick.

The take down pin pops out as easy as pie now.

I had some light strikes, so I replaced the striker spring and the problem went away. This could have been ammo related anyway.

So far, over 400 rounds and I'm happy I bought.

mini14jac
September 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
CW9

Very pleased. 300+ rounds so far.
Very pleasant to shoot, and accurate.
Normally practice from 15 feet, modified Weaver stance. At that distance, you can make one big hole without really trying.

$379+tax+background.

For takedown, I use the corner of a table to push the pin out.
This should get easier after done a few times.
Not as easy as a Glock, but it is thinner and lighter.

Yes, I'd buy again.

Recently cut mine down to "Covert" size.
It's about the perfect OWB/IWB carry gun now.

brentfoto
September 30, 2008, 07:22 PM
CW9 is a great value, accurate, easy to take down, reliable. I would not hesitate to buy another of the same.

I only wish the PM9's purportedly were as trouble-free as the CW9.

I've shot about 750 rounds through my CW9.

Bought it from LGS on sale for $399.99 in SoCal.

hdawson228
October 5, 2008, 03:46 PM
Put a deposit on the CW9 this past week while I wait for the purchase permit. Will pickup on Thursday. I considered several CC pistols. Reading many boards, there aren't many posts from people disappointed. :cool:

brentfoto
October 5, 2008, 07:05 PM
That is true.

My advice is to read the manual thoroughly. If you do read it, I would bet you're less likely to have problems of any kind, assuming the gun is otherwise in good manufactured condition and without defect.

Most important thing for break-in-IMHO, learn how to properly and fully insert and seat magazine and load gun according to instructions-do NOT slingshot, at least in the beginning. It should chamber a round without problem if you use the slide release after inserting the loaded magazine pursuant to the owner's manual. Then drop the magazine out, top it off, and reinsert fully.

If for some reason the mag drops after the first round, it may be due to operator error by brushing it with a finger or could be due to recoil. If that becomes a problem, you can call Kahr and they'll send you a stronger magazine SPRING, and that solved the problem for me. I did have my gunsmith install that spring and I would suggest that you have it done also as it has a tapered end and may prove difficult. A gunsmith should be able to install it perfectly for you in about five to ten minutes, if that long.

Congrats on your purchase!

imthegrumpyone
October 6, 2008, 04:05 AM
I have a CW .40, love it take where ever I go. :D

hdawson228
October 8, 2008, 12:18 AM
Smokey. Did you return it to the manufacturer for correction? :cool:

vitesse9
October 8, 2008, 05:02 AM
CW9
$450
(after break-in period) it has been 100% reliable.
I would buy it again for what I use it for (concealed carry).
There are better 9mm pistols out there for all around use (e.g. Beretta 92FS, Glock 17/19) but it's the best thing on the market when I bought my CCW. It's very flat, and very concealabe, but it also handles like a full-sized (or at least compact) pistol. Oh yeah, and you don't have to go into a substandard caliber (e.g. .380, .32 etc) to get the right dimensions of the pistol etc.

Ala Dan
October 8, 2008, 05:58 AM
Very accurate, highly reliable for my $300 investment to supplement
my CCW battery of weapons~! ;) :D