PDA

View Full Version : Savage trigger work

Daniel BOON
July 25, 2008, 01:35 PM
I have a Savage heavy barrel I believe is a model 12 in 308; I wondering if it can be fitted with an accutrigger or if the factory trigger can be adjusted to lighten the pull? any opinion would be apreciated.

Joat
July 25, 2008, 03:07 PM
I don't know about fitting an accutrigger, but the factory trigger can be adjusted somewhat by a smith familiar with the work or there are aftermarket triggers available. The one below is the first one that I found on the Brownells web site.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=7389&st=436-100-110AA&s=18481

Joat

Superhouse 15
July 25, 2008, 07:17 PM
If it didn't come with an Accu Trigger, it can't be retrofitted. I called Savage and asked. Find a decent smith familiar with the design, should cost less than $40.

Daniel BOON
July 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
I appreciate your input.

farmall
July 28, 2008, 05:42 PM
I replaced mine with a Rifle Basix aftermarket trigger. Relatively easy, butI I did have a gunsmith check my work when I finished. He said I did just fine following the instructions! I ended up with a crisp 2# trigger with no perceptible creep or overtravel.
I think I gave $45 from the Bargain Bin at Cabelas.
Andy

2ndchance
August 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hello all.

I just got off the phone with Stockade Gun Stocks. They're located in NE. They "can" install an Accu-Trigger on older Savage/Stevens rifles. It does require machining the receiver, but it's not a big deal.

Kevin Rayhill, one of the principles, said that he does it all the time. It takes 20mins and costs $50 + shipping. This price includes the Accu-Trigger.

Give them a shout! 308-432-5114 www.stockadegunstocks.com

Alleykat
August 16, 2008, 09:34 AM
It takes 20mins and costs $50 + shipping. This price includes the Accu-Trigger.

Now that's a BARGAIN!!!

Alleykat
August 18, 2008, 06:44 PM
I checked out Stockade Gunstocks. Disappointed that they misspelled "brake"! Didn't see any triggers listed on the site, but maybe I didn't look closely enough.

tc tom
August 18, 2008, 08:58 PM
a friend of mine has a 111 savage and is trying to choose between a rifle basix and a timney trigger . is the timney as easy to install as a rifle basix trigger ( ive heard they're simple)
thanks in advance
tom

2ndchance
August 30, 2008, 12:24 PM
AlleyKat, you'll need to call them for the install of the Trigger. It's not listed on the web site. He just told me about it over the phone. Besides, the Accu-Trigger has been out long enough for most people who own Savages to already possess them. Older savage owners probably would have dropped a Timney trigger in there by now. I was just too lazy and cheap to do mine. LOL.

As for the mistake on spelling, they're not the first to have typos.. and definitely won't be the last. LOL. I see them all the time on other web sites. Regardless, they seem to be good guys. I just called them the other day to order another Left Hand Tactical bolt handle and Bolt Lift Kit for my new Savage. I'll be sending up my pre-accutrigger 10FP in a few weeks.

=====================
Kevin Rayhill, one of the principles, said that he does it all the time. It takes 20mins and costs $50 + shipping. This price includes the Accu-Trigger.

Give them a shout! 308-432-5114 www.stockadegunstocks.com

2ndchance
August 31, 2008, 06:42 PM
FYI: I just contacted Kevin Rayhill and he says the turnaround time is about 4 days on installing Accu-Triggers. Give him a call. 308-432-5114.

T. O'Heir
September 1, 2008, 01:42 AM
"...As for the mistake on spelling..." Gunparts lists No. 4 Lee-Enfields under SMLE too. A No. 4 Lee-Enfield isn't an SMLE. Mind you, so does Marstar and they should know better.

2ndchance
September 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
I was on Fusion Firearms's web site and they were touting their Forged steel slides and frames. But the spelled FORGED as FROGED.. Ribbit!

sourdough44
September 25, 2008, 05:55 AM
I put a Timney in my partner's 110. It was not hard at all.

Unclenick
September 25, 2008, 07:34 PM
I installed the Rifle Basix on my 10 FP, but had one fire-on-closing event (as did a fellow with the factory trigger I was shooting with). Increasing the trigger weight seemed to cure the problem, but I never felt at ease with it again. Finally I replaced it with a Sharp Shooter Supply competition trigger (second item down here (http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/Triggers.html)). They have two versions, one for the old style trigger (now only on Stevens rifles) and one to replace the AccuTrigger. If my rifle were new enough to have an AccuTrigger I would not replace that because of the safety feature built in. But for the old style, I definitely think it is worth the price of admission.

Alleykat
October 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
2ndChance: As I said before, (and, of course, regardless of "brake") @ $50, retrofitting an older Savage with an Accutrigger is a bargain. As a matter of fact, it's almost too good to be true! If I owned an applicable Savage, it'd be on the way to those guys right now!