PDA

View Full Version : Replacing recoil pad on A-Bolt Stalker

djonathang
July 17, 2008, 08:42 AM
Hello All,

Quick question. I've purchased a Limb Saver recoil pad for my Browning A-Bolt .270. As I shoot once a week, I'm finding it difficult to eat cereal in the morning due to the weekly beating.

The pad should arrive today. Will the screws that hold the original recoil pad on the stock be flat head or phillips?

That's it. Throwing a softball question. I'll try to come up with something more challenging in the future:)

hoghunting
July 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
Phillips.

djonathang
July 17, 2008, 11:30 PM
Phew! Took all day for this one. Thank you!

DG

Harry Bonar
July 19, 2008, 10:13 AM
Sir;
You certainly made a good choice for a pad! Some of the limb-saver pads are made to fit your particular gun. If not be careful fitting it - but you'll be very pleased with it.
Harry B.

djonathang
July 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks Harry.

The one made for my specific rifle shouid be in my mailbox today. My shoulder says, "Ahhhh."

Harry Bonar
July 22, 2008, 07:26 PM
Sir;
I've got a decelerator on my 416 Taylor and a limb saver on my 9.3X64 and the limb saver is far nicer!
Harry B.

David Hineline
July 23, 2008, 01:54 AM
Sir;
I've got a decelerator on my 416 Taylor and a limb saver on my 9.3X64 and the limb saver is far nicer!
Harry B.

Harry I do not think any sportsman needs a dangerous sniper rifle able to kill at the distance your rifle can. What about the children.

Harry Bonar
July 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
Sirs;
Sorry staff but if you're going to permit this kind of blackballing I'm done This is evidentally in regard to the "silencer mess." I'll not put up with this - the posts be David Hineline.
Harry B.

Wildalaska
July 23, 2008, 08:25 PM
Sirs;
Sorry staff but if you're going to permit this kind of blackballing I'm done This is evidentally in regard to the "silencer mess." I'll not put up with this - the posts be David Hineline.
Harry B.

harry, dang it, you stick around, this place cannot afford to lose someone like you with your wealth of experience

and Mr. Hineline, rather than further mess with you, I just hit the report post button.

WildenoughisenoughAlaska ™