PDA

View Full Version : My New Para LDA!

BoneDigger
July 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
Well, I was looking for a nice carry pistol and had been leaning toward the 1911 format. While at the gun shop I spied a consignment Para C7.45 stainless, single stack .45 with the LDA trigger. I dry fired it a few times to see how I liked the trigger, and I was really impressed. This gun appears to have been made around 2002 or so and came with a couple of extra Chip McComick mags.

I took it to the range yesterday and I have to say that I am really impressed. I got some really good groups (for me) and the gun was reliable. I have not lubed or cleaned it since buying it. I ran 100 rounds of WWB through it and 25 rounds of Hornady JHP defense rounds. I had a single FTE with the case getting caught in the ejection port. The failure was with WWB and it came after about 20 rounds of very quick fire. I am guessing it had to do with a lack of lube.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I think this will be a favorite of mine.

Todd

john in jax
July 10, 2008, 09:28 AM
congrats on the new Para

Sevens
July 10, 2008, 10:21 AM
If you've never owned a 1911 pattern .45, I wouldn't fret on any FTE or stovepipe right away. I love me a 1911, but I've never met any pistol that's as sensitive to grip induced feed failures.

Lots of practice is in order before blaming any ammo or lube, IMO.

BoneDigger
July 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
I absolutely agree. I could very well have been something I did. This is my first 1911 style pistol (although, yes, I realize it's not a true 1911). More practice is definately necessary.

Todd