PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT145 trigger conversion

ahanes
June 25, 2008, 02:46 PM
I have an older Taurus PT145 with the DA only trigger, was wondering if it's possible to convert to the newer style DA/SA trigger? I like the safety feature of the first round being DA, but would like SA follow-up to maintain sight picture.

dawgfvr
June 25, 2008, 04:28 PM
Really? The only reason I purchased the second generation PT145 was because of the consistency in the DAO trigger pull. IMHO, DA/SA just plain sucks.

Dabull
June 25, 2008, 06:22 PM
Do you mean Millennium Pro PT145? The 3rd gen is consistently SA unless you need to restrike (which is probably not very often), then it is DA. It is not DA first shot, SA subsequent.

King Ghidora
June 26, 2008, 01:14 AM
The PT145 3rd generation has an excellent trigger pull. It's only in the rare instance that you have a shell misfire that you would ever go into DA mode. Even then it isn't hard to do.

I think you're talking about guns like the Sig P220 with a setup where the first pull is a DA pull and subsequent pulls are SA. I have one of those too. I get around the DA pull problem by simply cocking the hammer. It's a very natural operation that you can do as you pull your gun from your holster or whatever. So IMO DA/SA doesn't suck at all at least on the two guns I own that have that setup.

Sidetracked
June 26, 2008, 03:47 AM
Off topic, but very good to know that 3rd gens are DA/SA. My PT-138 is a very early 1st gen (ser. 000XX, pre-'Pro'). It needs some love, so maybe a trade up to the Mil-Pro is worth it....

As for the conversion to DA/SA:

What I know about the original DAO models doesn't seem like they would be easilly modified to DA/SA. I think both frame/trigger, and slide mods would be needed. It's probably easier and cheaper to get a new pistol.

ahanes
June 26, 2008, 05:52 AM
Yes, I'm talking about the Millenium Pro series. Not sure what generation it is, thought Gen 2? I had always believed that was DA only, as each trigger pull is consistent, no shorter on follow-on shots like most DA/SA pistols. It's not a bad trigger pull, just longer than I would like. Noticed that 3rd Gen pistols have DA/SA and wondered if I could change mine.

Maybe I'm way out here and it reallly is DA/SA now, but it sure doesn't feel it...

kirkcdl
June 26, 2008, 07:41 AM
They are not DA/SA.they are SA/DA,there is a difference...:cool:

Dabull
June 26, 2008, 05:26 PM
ahanes,

I believe the 1st and 2nd Gen Mill Pros are DAO--a long pull with resistance from start to finish every time. The 3rd Gen Mill Pro is SA/DA. Your usual trigger pulls are SA--some light resistance at the end of the trigger pull. (However, Taurus restrike SA/DA guns like the 3rd Gen Mill Pros and 24/7s have a lot of no-resistance takeup in the trigger before you get to that SA pull at the end...this is a turn off to some people). If you fail to fire, then the subsequent pull is long with resistance from start to finish (DA) just like the 1st and 2nd Gen Mill Pros.

dawgfvr
June 27, 2008, 11:29 AM
The 2nd generation DAO has a much improved trigger pull than the first. It is/was, IMHO, the finest trigger pull of all.