PDA

View Full Version : .22LR conversion kit for all my 1911's?

SilentHitz
June 20, 2008, 07:37 AM
I have several full size 1911's, and was wondering if someone made a kit to fit all the frames.

I have one built on a AMT, a High Standard, a RIA, a race gun build on a Springer, and a Sistema Colt on the way.

I've never purchased a .22 conversion kit before, and want to hear the pros and cons of different manufacturers. Which are well made, and which are crap, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

WESHOOT2
June 20, 2008, 08:10 AM
I have read for years about the superior quality, accuracy, and service, of the Marvel units.

I have NOT read the same for ANY of the 'other' units (but I handled oneathem Kimber 5" aluminum 22LR 1911s and boy-oh-boy did THAT feel nice).

SilentHitz
June 20, 2008, 09:05 AM
Thanx Wes, I'll check into that one.

P99AS9
June 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
Jonathan Arthur Ciener is all about 22LR conversions. I heard he does very good work. Here is his website http://www.22lrconversions.com/

IdahoG36
June 20, 2008, 10:03 AM
Wilson Combat also makes a very nice .22lr conversion kit.

LHB1
June 20, 2008, 08:33 PM
+1 on the Marvel .22 conversion kits, especially the Unit One. Their Unit Two is less expensive but not as accurate. The Wilson conversion kit is made by Marvel and is actually the Marvel Unit Two with the Wilson name on it. Ciener's kits can be OK but just hope you never need any customer service or questions answered by him from what I read. The Advantage kit has the advantage of locking open after the last shot but I couldn't get any response from them last year when I tried to buy one. I use a Marvel Unit One on both Kimber and Wilson 1911 frames with no problems. Shoots the center out of target when I do my part.

dirksterg30
June 20, 2008, 09:43 PM
The Advantage kit has the advantage of locking open after the last shot but I couldn't get any response from them last year when I tried to buy one.

I ordered an Advantage kit on Wednesday. Their website said it could be 6-8 weeks due to a backlog, but I received an e-mail with the tracking number saying that it shipped today.

SilentHitz
June 20, 2008, 09:58 PM
Same here, I checked all the ones folks listed here, and decided to order the Advantage. Now all I have to do is wait.

Thanks for the help guys, I wasn't sure who all made these things.:cool:

I got the email with tracking number too, might be for the 2 mags. I ordered with it though...we'll see.