PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Alaska Ammo?

danweasel
June 18, 2008, 11:11 PM
So I live in Fairbanks Alaska now. I now know that you cannot ship ammo to Alaska. I heard that the only people that can get it are dealers.
What I am looking for is cheap 7.62x39mm. Something like wolf brand or surplus. I have seen it on the 'net for 200 bucks including shipping but not to AK! A-Holes. Anyways, Does anyone know where this size ammo can be found cheap in the state? Or any ammo for that matter, I have a few more weapons. Would it be possible to do an FFL transfer on a bulk ammo order? It sucks because this state is awesome if you like guns but it's also not cheap and shooting is only making things worse on my wallet.

Thanks for any tips,

Dan

Webleymkv
June 18, 2008, 11:19 PM
I'd PM Wildalaska, he's a bit 'different' but I bet he could hook you up with some ammo (he works for Wild West Guns).

Wildalaska
June 19, 2008, 05:47 AM
I still got cans of Rommy 7.62x39, give a call.

WildimdifferentAlaska TM

garryc
June 19, 2008, 07:09 AM
I now know that you cannot ship ammo to Alaska.

WHY??

Wildalaska
June 19, 2008, 07:23 AM
Air only (too expensive) so has to come barge (big quantities).

Its a PITA

WildupallnightAlaska TM

stevelyn
June 19, 2008, 08:33 PM
Air only (too expensive) so has to come barge (big quantities).

Its a PITA

WildupallnightAlaska TM

So businesses are screwed like the rest of us too? :confused:

danweasel
June 19, 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks so much for the help guys. I sent an email over to wildalaska and I'll try to call tomorrow. Oh, and I like the link on your message , definitely a must read book.

Dan

Wildalaska
June 19, 2008, 10:06 PM
So businesses are screwed like the rest of us too?

No we are in good shape as the barge calls here...try to get small quantities to Sitka or Kaktovik though:mad:

WildtedshoulddosomethingAlaska TM

Billy Sparks
June 20, 2008, 05:47 AM
Is there even a gunstore in Sitka?

Wildalaska
June 20, 2008, 09:16 AM
I think so:confused:

WildthereisoneeverywhereAlaska TM

stevelyn
June 20, 2008, 10:14 PM
No we are in good shape as the barge calls here...try to get small quantities to Sitka or Kaktovik though

Tell me about it. :mad:

I can't even get a 4 oz. bottle of Brownell's Oxpho-Blue or 44/40 bluing cream shipped here without having it sent to an address in Seattle and then paying to have it shipped up on a Coastal boat.

Is there even a gunstore in Sitka?

Yes, there are supposedly two, but I only know Orion Sporting Goods. I bought a used Browning Nomad .22lr from them a couple years ago when I was doing a TAC Officer stint at the DPS Academy.

Gonna finaggle my way back down this fall and get in a Sitka blacktail hunt. :D

Sitka is actually a pretty sizeable town in Alaska terms.

Billy Sparks
June 21, 2008, 07:51 PM
I took a Alaskan cruise last year. Sitka was one city that I would have like to have stayed in.