PDA

View Full Version : limbsaver users!

plom
June 13, 2008, 03:15 AM
does limbsaver recoil pads really make a difference compared to other recoils pads? for them who've tryed them what do you guys think of them? thanks.

Curtis(USAF)
June 13, 2008, 04:05 AM
I've got a Mosin nagant 91/30 and and a Lee Enfield No4Mk1. The first time I went to the range, I only made it through 20 rounds of 7.62, before my shoulder turned black. I bought the limbsaver, and the second range trip I went throught two boxes of 303, and a box of 7.62russian before I had to call it a day due to the heat. My shoulder only got a welt, and stopped hurting alot quicker.

hoytinak
June 13, 2008, 09:52 AM
Yes, both the Limbsavers and Kick-Eez recoil pads are freakin awesome. :cool:

mikejonestkd
June 13, 2008, 10:00 AM
The limbsaver is just that...a Limb saver!!! I have two on rifles that kick a bit and it really makes them more manageable.

My father has a shoulder held together with wire, screws and a few prayers said by a army doctor as a result of a fall years ago; he loves the limbsaver he has on his rifles and could not shoot any centerfire without one.

plom
June 13, 2008, 11:19 AM
thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna put one on my tikka T3 lite battue! :)

elkman06
June 13, 2008, 06:21 PM
I have one on my Tikka also, ,300wm in a 6lb3oz rifle. I like it.
elkman06

hillbille
June 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
plom a while back I got a double barrelled 12ga muzzleloading shotgun it has the brass butplate and kicks harder than any gun I've ever shot, actually brought tears to my eyes first time I shot it. got a slip on pad from wally world and it still kicked like a mule, I put out the extra money for a limbsaver and to be honest it still kicks hard but it is manageable to shoot now. I would swear by them from now on.

tplumeri
June 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
hey curtis,
does the pad just slip over the butt of the Mk 1?
i have a No. 4 Mk1* that hurts to shoot!;)
thanks
tom

Doyle
June 13, 2008, 07:03 PM
Tom, you can get the slip-on variety. They come in 3 sizes. Measure the lenght and width of your butt and use Limbsaver's website to match it with the size. They also make grind-to-fit models. That are fitted by your gunsmith (or you if you are handy).

tplumeri
June 13, 2008, 08:04 PM
thanks Doyle!
you ex navy guys are OK in my book!
tom

plom
June 14, 2008, 04:07 AM
you guys were right! I just went back from shooting and this thing is great!
my 7-64 is much more manageable! thanks for the help!