PDA

View Full Version : Yearning for a G33

Playboypenguin
May 7, 2008, 01:59 AM
I have become a huge fan of the .357sig over the last few weeks.

Now I am feeling like my Glock G26 is a bit lack luster and I am thinking of buying a G33 to take up the slack.

Here is everyone's chance to be a hero. You can either talk me off the ledge or be the guy that stands at the body screaming "JUMP!" :)

scsov509
May 7, 2008, 02:23 AM
DO IT, take the jump!
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/huepfen/jumping-smiley-021.gif

Seriously, the .357 SIG is a cool round. Flat shooting, performance comparable to a 357 Magnum, the same size bullet as the Glock 26 pushed at a much higher velocity...What's not to like? If you like the way it shoots and don't mind the cost of ammuntion then why not take the plunge?

Officer's Match
May 7, 2008, 06:56 AM
Functionally appealing in that the velocity loss of going down in barrel length from compact or full size is mitigated by starting with a faster round to begin with. Plus you can easily add a 27 barrel if you get a hankerin' for 40.

kristop64089
May 7, 2008, 07:06 AM
PBP, If you were closer I'd let ya toy with mine.
Glock hit the nail on the head with this gun and their marketing, when they dubbed it "The Pocket Rocket".

I have had at one time a: G31,32,26,19,20c. Of all of those, the G33 is my favorite. I am so convinced of this gun I bought 1500 rounds of .357sig. It is an excellent gun, easy to control, loud as hell, and just plain fun to shoot.

The only other platform I'd care to own, is of course Sig. But, now I'm on a rifle kick, so that will wait!

pesta2
May 7, 2008, 07:16 AM
Blah...Blah...Blah..... You know you are going to get it whatever we say. So buy it already!:D

ElectricHellfire
May 7, 2008, 09:49 AM
I cannot believe it. PbP contemplating anoter Glock??? You really took a big gulp of that kool aid. :)

Where the heck is Glockeroo? I Love my glocks.

JUMP.

xrmattaz
May 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
:)I truly enjoy the daily carry and frequent shooting of my G33. It's my little buddy.....

David the Gnome
May 7, 2008, 09:51 AM
You already have one ugly gun, why buy two? :(

ElectricHellfire
May 7, 2008, 09:58 AM
You already have one ugly gun, why buy two?

http://www.orbit.zkm.de/files/gotchi/orbit/picture-213.png

Because I sayeth so....

xrocket
May 7, 2008, 10:16 AM
I applaud your conversion to the .357sig side for conceal carry self defense. Welcome to the club. Although, other than your HK, there probably isn't a better choice in a "half n' half" .357sig at this time.

Go ahead and buy it, but I for one would like to see one of your range comparison between the Glock & HK if you do.

Would you not consider the conversion barrel for your P229?

Playboypenguin
May 7, 2008, 11:38 AM
Would you not consider the conversion barrel for your P229?
Ordered one yesterday. :)

Nice thing about the P229 is it does not mention the caliber on the gun so the barrel swap does not lead to confusion.

czf
May 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'm looking hard at a G33 also. Lighter than my cherished RAMI and even more
powerful. A nice Fishing gun.

Questions:

The Glock 26 always felt Flippy in my hands,.

Does the G33 have more recoil, and is is more straight back??

As far as recoil goes. I've shot a Glock 22 and a G20. Didn't
like the pounding of my hands.

Is the G33 a real snorter?

Carry load would be 125 gr Gold Dots in either SPEER or Double Tap form, with DT
foremost.

I'll add: The .357 SIG isn't popular in my area, but you can find 50 count boxes of
JHP ( especially Ranger T) at discount prices at Gunshows.

kristop64089
May 7, 2008, 09:35 PM
The G33's recoil feel's like a hard shove(almost like hitting concrete with a sledge hammer)

I practice w/Speer Lawman, and carry Gold-Dots, or DT.

It can be a handful after extended range time. All-in-all, not too bad

Officer's Match
May 7, 2008, 09:38 PM
How's it feel in a P2000SK, Playboy?

Playboypenguin
May 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
How's it feel in a P2000SK, Playboy?

Stiff and strong but less "snappy" than the .40S&W calibers. It is more comfortable to shoot since you are shoving a lighter bullet.

Webleymkv
May 7, 2008, 09:46 PM
Well, if you absolutely must have another ugly gun at least get it in a useful caliber. I vote for a G29. I'm going to try and draw you into the 10mm cult with me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

hamster
May 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
dont do it... just buy a 357 barrel for you P229!

edit: nevermind.. i see you already did... in that case.. just get the gun.. you know you want to

Axion
May 8, 2008, 04:38 AM
Well I guess I be the only voice of desent here, not that it matter because you're overdue for a new gun by now anyway:)

From what testing I've seen (check out the winchester ranger page) the .357 SIG doesn't seem to expand any better or penetrate any deeper then a good 147g 9mm loading. So it's more expensive to practice with and more snappy, with less capacity, and no real benefits that I can see.

Like I said you're gonna buy one anyway, but that's the reason I decided to go with a g26 instead of a g33 (haven't bought either yet a but a g26 is coming soon).

BanditSRT8
May 8, 2008, 05:19 AM
PBP has made the darkside conversion, and is now swearing off steel guns. :p

Soon he and Glockeroo will rent an apartment together, and live together in harmonious polymer bliss. :eek:

Northalius
May 8, 2008, 06:00 AM
Doooooooo it, PbP... Gaston is calllllllllllliiing you! Coooooome CLOSER to the Dark Side! You want it... no, you NEEEEEEED it! Yeeeeeeeesssss!

With that said :D :

Yeah, the .357 SIG is what I've read as: A superior barrier penetrator. If a BG is behind a wall, or in a car, you're more likely to hit him with the .357 SIG, I guess.

It's faster, and thus more of a chance of reliable expansion inside a BG.

.357 SIG "Bottleneck" cartridge is spoken of as being a superior 'feeding' cartridge, as compared to a straight, flat cartridge.

I've only shot the .357 SIG out of a Sig P229, not a Glock yet :eek:... believe it or not. ;) But I've read the .357 SIG out of a Glock (G33, specifically) is more like a "push backward," as compared to the .40 "snap up."

But who knows; I've seen people shooting .40 Glock 27's as easy as if they were .22's!

Northalius
May 8, 2008, 06:01 AM
Soon he and Glockeroo will rent an apartment together, and live together in harmonious polymer bliss. :eek:

Okay, that's just going a wee bit too far now! :barf:

LOL! :D

Officer's Match
May 8, 2008, 06:37 AM
It was the first "glock-bite" on your thumb - got into the bloodstream immediately. You've been a gonner ever since.:D