PDA

View Full Version : Rem 11/87 LC or RC barrel??

Detective_Special
May 3, 2008, 02:20 PM
I recently picked up a nice Remington 11/87LH 12 ga shotgun. I got it from the original owner, who says he bought it about 10 years ago. My question is, does this model have the regular contour barrel or is it the later version, with the light contour barrel. I don't see any markings on the barrel, so I'm not sure if there is any other way to identify it. It came with the original box which is plastic and the Ser# is PC 024XXX Thanking you in advance

island66
May 12, 2008, 08:51 AM
Is it an 1187 Premier (high polished blued finish with high gloss wood) or an 1187 Special Purpose (Matte/Synthetic or Camo/Synthetic)? If it's a Premier gun, you probably have a light contour barrel. If it's a Special Purpose, you most likely have a standard contour barrel. You can fit either to your gun regardless of which one it had from the factory. However, if you're going from light contour to standard contour, you may need to change your fore-end or modify your existing fore-end to compensate for the difference in barrel diameter. Let me know if you have more questions.

Jason