PDA

View Full Version : Strobe Tactical Light??

murphjup
April 28, 2008, 06:47 PM
I saw on a Tactical TV show how effect a strobe tactical light is... I'm considering getting one...

Anyone have any recommendations? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Moe Howard
April 29, 2008, 08:02 AM
If you saw that where I saw it that was on Personal Defense TV. I have a strobe flashlight but it is a no name joby I got on Ebay. It does work the way is was shown to on that episode filmed at Gunsite Academy. There are lots of different strobe flashlight some are expensive and others are very expensive but well worth it IMO.

doubleaes2
April 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
I have a rechargeable light made by Streamlight. It's am LED model, with 3 levels of brightness, and the strobe. If your eyes are adjusted to the dark, thew strobe really messes you up.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=123

While it may be a little large and the button in the wrong place to be called a "tactical" light, it works very well. I have had it for over a year with no problems whatsoever.

gidds
April 30, 2008, 09:45 PM
O-light T-20.............highly recommended.......I carry this all the time....

5 levels of light (highest 205 lumens).....strobe and SOS.....

Syntax360
May 1, 2008, 09:13 AM
O-Light and Fenix are probably the best bang for the buck out there. I carry a Fenix P2D on my keychain - 180 lumen on turbo or strobe is very disorientating in the dark. However, I think the application for something like that would be pretty limited. Still a cool feature, though.