PDA

View Full Version : Accurate subcompact

545xd40
April 9, 2008, 06:52 PM
Who has info on an accurate compact or subcompact. What models have worked best for you. Im considering 9mm in sa xd 9 ,glock or even the m&p.

Playboypenguin
April 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
My Springfield XD-9SC is very accurate. I do not think you could go woring with it.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/PlayboyPenguin/Targets/XD-9target3.jpg

daferg2
April 9, 2008, 07:24 PM
Im considering 9mm in sa xd 9 ,glock or even the m&p

All are great. Buy the one that feels the best in your hand (or do like me, and buy them ALL).

Shadi Khalil
April 9, 2008, 07:26 PM
You have alot of choices as far as acurate sub-compacts go. The most acuarte sub compact I've ever owned? Kahr MK9. Never my shooting (I never shot it well) but I've seen friends do some pretty awesome stuff with that gun.

Lou22
April 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
I've shot a number of subcompact autos looking for a reliable accurate gun that I could pocket carry. All (except the Glock 36, which a little big for pocket carry) are DAO. Of those the Kahr PM9 definitely fit the bill. Once I got used to the DAO trigger I could shoot it almost as accurately as some SA autos I've shot. I highly recommend it.

Lou

Glockeroo
April 9, 2008, 08:46 PM
My G26 is as accurate as my G19, or it could be I'm as accurate with my 26 as my 19.

Crimp
April 9, 2008, 08:54 PM
My XD9SC amazes me with its accuracy.

BanditSRT8
April 9, 2008, 09:25 PM
My XD9SC is accurate shot to shot, but POA is a bit off. Shoots a little high and to the left as compared to my other guns.

My most accurate sub is the Springfield EMP. It is almost match grade accurate, i was astonished.

Playboypenguin
April 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
You might want to read this comparison between my XD-9SC and my Glock 26. :)

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289508

dave421
April 9, 2008, 10:19 PM
The three most accurate subcompacts I've shot are the XD40SC, Glock 26, & Kahr PM9. The XD & Glock were mine, the Kahr was a rental.

Personally, I was most accurate with the Kahr once I got used to the trigger (at the time, I was carrying a Sig P226 and the difference was hard to get used to). I ended up straying from it because I had 2 FTFs. I later found out (after I bought my G26) that the gun hadn't been cleaned in over 3 months and an unknown number of rounds (it was definitely dirty when I rented it but I didn't realize it was that bad until it was too late unfortunately).

My XD40SC was the second most accurate for me. Downside was the recoil. I've got pretty bad arthritis in my hands and I was severely limited in how long I could shoot it (i.e. 50 rounds was starting to hurt). My first 1-2 mags with the XD offhand would usually result in 1 - 1 1/2" groups at 10 yards. Rapid fire opened it up to 2-3". Unfortunately, I never tried it from the bench to see what it could get.

My G26 was also very accurate. On average, my groups were only 1/4" larger on average during slow fire & 3/4" rapid fire. I really liked the G26 (the only glock I like & shoot well besides the G21 oddly). I shot it at 10 yards from a bench once and ended up with 3/4" groups.

I no longer carry either of the above. My daily carry is now (again) an XD9 Service. I'm currently on a lookout for a PM9 though. The amazing accuracy and insanely smooth trigger have put it at the top of my want list once again. The Glock & XD were both nice but neither can compare to the size of the Kahr or the smoothness of the trigger. The Kahr is also (imho) a better looking gun with better fit & finish (feels more solid even though the historical reliability is not on par with the others).

KyJim
April 9, 2008, 10:37 PM
I took the SW M&P 9mm Compact to the range for the first time today. First shot was in the X ring at 10 yards and it would shoot there as long as I did my part. Your hand, however, is different than everybody else's. Narrow you list down and then go to a gun show or a well-stocked dealer and try them out in your hand.

armoredman
April 9, 2008, 10:46 PM
CZ Compact series, very accurate, Compact, PO1 and PCR. Best bang for the buck!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZfamily.jpg

michael t
April 9, 2008, 11:25 PM
My Colt Defender is verry acurate. But these are not target pistols How accurate does a pistol need to be for SD

Sturmgewehre
April 9, 2008, 11:36 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/Forums/guns/EMP_target_3.jpg

BanditSRT8
April 10, 2008, 02:27 AM
Sturmgewehre, you and I have had the same experience with the EMP. It is shockingly accurate for a 3" pistol isn't it? You would swear that this gun was run through the custom shop like one of their $2500 1911's. The trigger is exceptional, crisp break at around 4lbs, and the barrel lockup is extraordinarily tight for a "factory stock" gun.

Socrates
April 10, 2008, 02:37 AM
My experience is bull barrels are REALLY accurate in 1911's. Does the EMP have one?

Richard
April 10, 2008, 02:55 AM
Small Kahr postols have an eerie accuracy. Regards, Richard:)

BanditSRT8
April 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
Yes, it is a bull-barrel. The slide to frame fit is also match grade as well.

Socrates
April 10, 2008, 04:28 AM
Should be, for what it costs...

PSP
April 10, 2008, 06:43 AM
My most accurate compacts are my HK P7 PSP, HK P2000SK, Kahr T9 and a Walther P99c. All are about the same size, 9mm, same weight and are suitable a CCW. In quick fire these are all similar in accuracy. If I slow down for some target fire the P7 and T9 are the tightest groupers of this bunch.

Pilot
April 10, 2008, 06:48 AM
CZ-75D PCR or P-01 are very nice compact 9MM's. I have a PCR and its my favorite CCW and range gun. Fills both roles nicely.

Officer's Match
April 10, 2008, 07:16 AM
I agree with some of the others that the EMP is one of the most accurate sub's, and I'd add the P2000SK to that list. Kimber's Ultra's are also very accurate.

obxned
April 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
Your sub-compact will be very accurate, but you are limited by how well your eye can use that accuracy. A sub-compact has a very short sight radius, and since they are desighned to be easily concealed, usually have very limited sights.

bigbadbowtie
April 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
Ditto on the Kahr. I bought a CW9 NIB Saturday for 355 and could not be happier!! Has a long trigger but once you get used to it, its dead accurate.

armoredman
April 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
Very very nice with the EMP! How much do those run?

KyJim
April 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
545xd40 --

You said you were considering "sa xd 9 ,glock or even the m&p" but you also asked an open ended question about any accurate subcompacts. Just curious as to whether you are considering others besides the ones you listed. Some of those recommended are single stacks and some are considerably more expensive than those you list. Perhaps you need to clarify cost range and, if important, capacity limit.

Harley User
April 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
claimed to be released in mid May ???????

Nemsis
April 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
I've shot the Glock 27 and the XD40 subcompact both were accurate and reliable but the Glock is easier to conceal especially if you use the grip extention on the XD