PDA

View Full Version : Bought my deer rifle today! Got a great deal!

DaveInPA
March 28, 2008, 04:14 PM
Wow what a day at the gun shop! I went in just mainly to browse and pick up some reloading stuff. Was not planning on buying a rifle today. As I browsing the rack I saw a Ruger M77 MK II in .270 Win for $375. The gun appeared to be brand spanking new, and even still had the Ruger tag on the trigger guard. I asked the guy behind the counter why the price was so low. He said a guy had it there on consignment. He got the gun for Christmas from his wife but it wasn't the caliber he wanted, and he wanted to get rid of it. So there it was, a brand new, never fired M77 MKII, walnut stock, blued barrel for $375. I couldn't pass it up. It's in the gun safe now with the Bushnell Elite 3-9x40 scope I bought for it today mounted on it, ready to hit the range on Sunday.

I'm one happy camper!! Range report to follow after Sunday's shooting session.

BIGR
March 28, 2008, 04:37 PM
Great gun and scope. Now you are ready for action.

Chief Engineer
March 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
Good for you. Has always been my experience, the best deals I've ever got, were the ones I wasn't looking for!

taylorce1
March 28, 2008, 05:34 PM
Great rifle and caliber combination, the scope is pretty good too! Now you have one rifle that can take anything in the lower 48 not just a deer rifle.

CraigC
March 28, 2008, 05:46 PM
I really like mine!

http://photos.imageevent.com/newfrontier45/blackriver905/large/P1010056.JPG

Jack O'Conner
March 29, 2008, 08:10 AM
Do you shoot at the Gun Club near Mohnton?

Ruger stock shape has always been appealing to me. Way to shop!

TR

DaveInPA
March 29, 2008, 10:16 AM
No I shoot at Palmyra Sportsmen's Association. It's a bit of a drive from here but they have all the ranges I could ever want, including a 24/7 indoor handgun range. Plus there are tons of acres of private land to hunt come deer season December 1st. :)