PDA

View Full Version : New Ruger pocket pistol

bikerbill
March 27, 2008, 06:56 PM
Taken a peek at the Ruger web site lately? They are offering an incredible new pocket pistol, under 10 Oz. unloaded. It's a .380, holds six rounds ... makes my PM9 look like a boat anchor, tho I prefer 9mm for SD ... and for just a few bucks over $300 ... gotta get one ...

Don H
March 27, 2008, 09:10 PM
Ummm, yeah. Been the topic of discussion for a while. Might want to do a search.

BongoFury
March 27, 2008, 10:49 PM
As an infrequent visitor, I had not seen it. Cool pistol if it's as reliable as they claim.

justin10985
March 27, 2008, 10:58 PM
Where have you been bikerbill? Ha. ;) But thx anyway. I may just have to get one. It would compliment my SR9 just fine. :D

slickab
March 27, 2008, 11:25 PM
I just got my Ruger LCP. The advertised 0.5" trigger is a lot closer to 1" and it is horrible. Magazine holds 6, had 1 in the pipe, total of 7 first time, had a FTF on round 6. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Swamper
March 28, 2008, 12:10 AM
Gents,

I was only able to pick up the LCP late in the evening from my local dealer and I have not yet shot it. First impression is that the gun enjoys exceptional machining tolerance control. The slide is smooth in action and I was able to hand cycle several clips of HP's without any FTF or FTE. The slide release does not hold the slide back on an empty magazine, which doesn’t make sense. The DA only trigger pull seems somewhat heavier that any of the Kel-Tec’s I have owned in the past. I will shoot it in the future but not this weekend. I have a “date” with my 18-month old grandson and the farm.

Swamper

DPris
March 28, 2008, 01:18 AM
An automatic slide lock takes up space & adds weight, it was deliberately left out of the design for those reasons.
The thought is that if you need to empty the pistol in a defensive situation, the "click" will tell you it's dry just as forcefully as a slide locking open. :)
Denis

bikerbill
March 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
musta been dozing ... thanks for the wakeup ... haven't seen it at my gunshop, guess I'll drop in this weekend ...

JOEZ WHALES
March 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
Ran to the local gun house today and just missed one by a few days... Dealer is trying to get another for me...

Bill Bryant
March 28, 2008, 06:06 PM
I just got my Ruger LCP. The advertised 0.5" trigger is a lot closer to 1" and it is horrible. Magazine holds 6, had 1 in the pipe, total of 7 first time, had a FTF on round 6. I'll try it again tomorrow.
What kind of ammo did you get the FTF on?

Boris Bush
March 28, 2008, 08:00 PM
Quote:

What kind of ammo did you get the FTF on?

I have seen about 4 reviews so far, and one has been bad.... :rolleyes:

even if it were one in ten that is terrible. I will stick with the original, the P-32. I bet Ruger will not produce this pistol in a couple years... Maybe it would be a good investment piece.

brentfoto
March 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
How can one complain about FTF with a new gun that is so small in stature? They're more 'finicky' the smaller they are. At least shoot 200 rounds through the thing, and tweak it, if necessary, before calling it bad.

elkman06
March 28, 2008, 09:10 PM
Just saw one at the gunshow this afternoon, nice looking little pistola for the money.
elkman06

slickab
March 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
Blazer brass ball. You're right, got to give it some rounds to break in. Just hope trigger breaks in. Like pulling a spring, farther you pull it harder it is to pull.

Bill DeShivs
March 29, 2008, 12:40 AM
Man-no one has said it "feels cheap!"
The extra 2 ounces must make a real difference.
Or, maybe because it's a Ruger, no one will say that............

alamo
March 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
Man-no one has said it "feels cheap!"
The extra 2 ounces must make a real difference.
Or, maybe because it's a Ruger, no one will say that............

That always amuses me to hear folks say that. A heavier, all steel pistol has a "quality" feel but if it's lightweight and polymer, it's "cheap", to some anyway.

How can one complain about FTF with a new gun that is so small in stature? They're more 'finicky' the smaller they are. At least shoot 200 rounds through the thing, and tweak it, if necessary, before calling it bad.

That's standard operating procedure for Kel-Tecs so shouldn't it apply to Rugers too? :D